Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake X, BIG SMALLMOUTH BASS!!!!
[Smile]We got to Jordanelle at about 7:00 and launched our tubes. We had the intentions of catching some Browns and were hopeful that we could pick up a couple of smallies. We started our way down the bank and I found a point that came from 35 feet to 24 feet of water, I casted across it and wham, I had a snag, no a BIG fish, this thing fought like there was no tomorrow, he jumped several times and I noticed this was no brown it was a smallmouth, in 48 degree water! After a good fight I got him to my toon, WOW.[Smile][Smile] We took a few pics and let him go, my apron only goes to 18 inches and he was well beyond that, about 22 inches, i would say at least 6 pounds!![Smile]
A couple cast later I hooked into another really nice smallmouth, we was a solid 3-4 pounds![Smile] I had no other hits for a while so I proceeded on down the lake, after a while I went back up to the point and WHAM, I hooked into another real nice smallmouth bass. Man those things are a blast.[Smile] Then my friends waders sprung a leak and the wind came up so we headed for the truck we got off the water at about 1:00 or so. I caught 3 bass and that was it, but the size made up for the lack of fish!! I can't wait for the water to warm up!!!!![Smile] Oh yeah, the water temp was 46 to 50 degrees.
[signature]
Nice Toad fish .Good to see the smallies are biting . I guess I need to go fishing instead of working on saturdays .
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Man that is a real smallmouth Hawg you caught there. WTG. What were you using?[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Impact"][green][size 4]Congrats on a great day! Do you mind sharing what you used and where you were ?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hey HA69, you need to change that sign of yours from gone fishing to still working!
[signature]
Some great pics! Nice to see the big toads on the prowl. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Very nice! Looks like a great day on the water![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
LOL , I agree . You fishing tomorrow ? I will be for sure but not sure where as of yet .
[signature]
Where ya want to go? Had a good time at UL today. Those big cats sure are fun on ultra light gear.

What ya feel like catchin HA69?
[signature]
AH MAN!! I'm in Virginia right now and looking at those pics made me homesick!! Those are some nice ones. To those who have been "keeping track" I caught an actual flathed today. It did'nt look like a channel at all.
[signature]
Good job on the toads. I should have gone to the Nelle instead of Deer Creek. My son did catch a nice brown, close to 21" long, thought it was a walleye 'cause it didn't fight like a brown.
[signature]
Great fish. Now, change that scrawney LMB on your avatar for the reel fish!

Also, fish like your 2 big'uns need to be held with TWO hands. The jaws on smallies aren't strong to hold that much weight! My smallies are so awesome[cool].

[signature]
I was using perch color rapalas in the rockcliff arm of the lake[Wink][Wink]. I couldn't believe how big the bass was when I finally got him into my pontoon, it was SWEET![Smile]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Great job[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Those are some nice Smallies for sure! The low water temps can produce some of the biggest smallies of the season.
[signature]
way to go!!!! thats one hell of a smallie!!!!! nice fish!!! glad too see u got into them..~~!!!
[signature]
Thanks guys, I can't wait for the water to warm up some more then the smallies will really start biting![Wink] I think I may be converted to bass fishing now, oh I guess I'll still fish for some browns.[Smile]
[signature]
Your going to have to change your name to "Hunts4bigBAss". Didnt you just get done killing the bass down on Sand hollow a few weeks ago. Well anyways, nice bass and I'm glad you had a good time.
[signature]
Yeah, I was down there last weekend. Probably going back down next weekend again![Smile] I am really starting to like Bass fishing!!!
[signature]
hey man, i just got home from sand hollow where i this morning i caught the biggest bass i've ever pulled out of that lake, it went close to 6lbs., and then i see that monster!!!!! holy crap thats one heck of a nice smallie!!!!!!! i love those things up there. two years ago i caught a 7lb smallie at jordanelle on a perch rapala. you already know the tricks huh??

yer gonna be a bass fisherman yet............

oh how i miss home and going to jordanelle, oh well, sand hollow is a nice substitute i guess.....
[signature]