Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG SMALLMOUTH from my Pontoon!
[Smile]I caught these toads up at Jordanelle today. The big one was around 22" long and was a solid 6-7 pounds! It was a blast. The full report is on the Utah fishing board, if you want more info. My pontoon has served me well so far, my first outing I caught around 40 largemouth bass and then I got into these big Smallmouths, I love my pontoon!![Wink] It is so much better than my float tube, I will never go back!

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=258608;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]LINK TO UTAH POST
[/url]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great trip and great pics. That was the first good smallie report of the year for Lake X. Just think...it should only get better from here on out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Great fishin' and great pics. Those smallies are pigs.

Glad your toon is working out. Looks like you got it in the zone.

zonker
[signature]
THOSE ARE SOME PIG SMALLIES, WISH I WHERE ABLE TO GET THEM LIKE THAT IN SO CAL.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Would you trade yellows, barries, calicos, albies and butts for 'em?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I didn't think so.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I used to get into some bigguns up north. Got a 6# 15 oz. out of (I think it was) Clair Engle Lake. Used to have another name.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are a few good smallie holes from Fresno north, in the Sierras.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When I lived in Santa Barbara I used to bag a few smallies in Lake Cachuma on spinners (fishing for trout) and plastic worms (fishing for largies). Never saw any over about 3# though. Also, I do not think they allow tubing on Cachuma. Water supply thing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey TD thanks for snapping me back to reality. I have looked into Lake Cachuma and your right no tubing [mad].

AT
[signature]
Nice fish what were the water temps when you caught them?
[signature]