Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday Kitty Flotilla Reminder
[cool][#0000ff]Just a reminder of the kitty flotilla at Lincoln Beach Wednesday 5/3/06. We are going to try to harvest some channel cats for a story being done by Brett Prettyman, of the Salt Lake Tribune. It will be in next week's Outdoors section of the paper.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kathy Stephenson, from the food and recipes section of the paper will also be there later, to assist in the fish fry. She will be doing an article on catfish cooking.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will plan to meet up on the shallow shores of Lincoln Beach about 7-ish (AM). Those who want to caravan down can join us at the Lowes, on 4700 So., just to the west of I-15. We plan to leave at 6 AM.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For those traveling on their own. The offramp to Spanish Fork is now #257. It has been changed.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If there is anyone from Ogden or Davis County planning to go, LH2 would like to carpool.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yes, if anyone has room for another warm body and a toon, i will gladly pitch in for gas. I was going to ride down with Yper, but due to a death in the family, he won't be able to make it. If no one is up this way i will just hit willard for some 10# kitties. Thanks in advance. Not to make anyone jealous or anything. LOL
[signature]
[#505000]I will be there. [cool][/#505000]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Almost forgot. The offramp numbers have been changed up and down I-15. The offramp to Spanish Fork is now 257. I'll change that on the Fishing Holes board.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, when you start to the west, on 400 north (in Spanish Fork) there may still be some road work...with a quick zig-zag detour. No biggie. But, you can get lost if you wanna.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tube Dude,

I'll be there with my grandson but we will be confined to a boat -- cooler, shade cover, soft chair, all that stuff. Hope that is OK. We would like to fish the south end too but we don't want to interfer with the production. We'll try to stay a 100 yards or so from you tubers. We could also head over to Bird Island rather than cause problems. We just don't want to miss the filleting demo and maybe a taste or two of the kitties.

Here's hoping for nice weather and a fun day. See you all at seven or so.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]All are welcome, even boaters. There is a lot of water to fish. I doubt that the tubers will get as far as Benjamin Slough, and there are some good spots just past there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The fish have been anywhere from 4 feet to 8 feet deep. However, yesterday we found some in less than 3 feet, next to some reeds and they are taking on spawning colors. The water warming toward 65 might have them moving in now. Bird Island just might be a good bet.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Bring a walkie talkie tuned to channel 12.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Is there anyone that is going to be down there in a boat that has room for one more? I am willing to split gas costs. I am beginning to look for a tube or a toon, but I don't want to rush into one just to make it to the kitty floatilla. Either pm me or reply here on the board. If not, maybe I will come and try from shore. Thanks, Jon
[signature]
Tugboat,

Just sent you a PM.

Please respond as quickly as possible, as I'm currently trying to decide if I should bag some pretty important work for tomorrow a.m. and go fishin' or show up at work...........

I know what I want to do............[unsure]
[signature]
PrinceFisher, I just send you a PM thanks for responding. Tugboat-
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You are silly. Don't you know that "important" and "work" do not belong in the same sentence. On the other hand, you can easily substitute "fishing" for "work"...and it works.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We would like to see you if you can make it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I got a ride. Yper was able to make it afterall. See ya there.
[signature]