Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inland water & stream Trout Fishing Contest to start June 1st

[size 1]Inland water & stream Trout Fishing contest.

The contest will be held from June 1st through June 30th, 2006.

The target species for this tournament are: Brookies-Browns & Rainbows

Entering the contest is easy! Simply reply to this post with a picture of your fish, including this information:

1. Species of Trout
2. Length of Trout
3. Date Caught
4. Location and Weight optional

All your pictures must meet this criteria:

1. The angler must be in the picture with his/her fish
2. A tape measure must also be present in the picture demonstrating the fish's length
3. Something with the Bigfishtackle logo must be in the picture. Either a hat, shirt, sticker, etc.... If you need something with the logo on it, contact me via PM. (you can also download the logo and print it out at home)

This is for Wisconsin anglers only!!!!!!!!! Wisconsin area mods and admins are welcome to enter. (If a MOD or ADMINS enters the tournament, they forfiet there ability to vote on the best picture winning catagory, however are still ellegible to win)

Prizes will be awarded in the following catagories:

1. Total combined inches. One point for every inch entered.(combined all species)
2. Largest overall fish [/size]
[size 1]3. Best picture (this catagory will be voted on by other moderators VIA a poll)
[/size]
[size 1]There is no limit to how many fish can be entered, as long as they are one of the three target species. Any entries that do not meet ALL criteria will not be used in the final scoring process, so make sure you're pictures and info is correct. [/size]

[size 1]Prizes can be picked up at my shop or I will send them out. Winners will be PM'd and shipping arrangments will be made then. Final results will be posted on this thread after the final results are tallied up.

The prizes for each winning catagory will be posted shortly. [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Above all else, have fun!!!!! [/size]

Questions click on reply at top right. I will get back to you soon.
[signature]
[Wink] I have at this time, two sets of hand tied trout flies. these sets have 12 of the most popular flies in a handy plastic box. The box is a $25.00 value. I will use these as the prize for total inches, and for largest overall fish. I am still looking for a prize for best picture. As soon as I do I will get it on. Just a short time to the start June 1st.
[signature]
sounds like a fun event,

are you promoting this any where else not on the internet?

and will you be including salmon species in your trout contest?

good luck, I will be looking in to see how this goes... Way too cool...[cool]
[signature]
[Wink] Yes, I am promoting it out of my bait shop. I will be taking only inland water trout. Thanks Dave for looking in on me now and again.
[signature]
Can the guys drop by your shop after they are done to enter the fish in person where you can take a picture of them?

I know we live in an age where most every one is on line, but we also live in an age where there are still a lot of people who still dont know how to turn one of these things on. let alone have a digital camera
[signature]
[shocked] Yes they can if they want. But if they don't know how to turn one of these things on and they have not stopped in to my shop, how will they enter? I think anyone who Tell's some one about the contest will be able to get them on one way or another. Thanks for your concern. The more questions I get on this the more I learn for the next one. So keep em coming.
[signature]
[pirate]OK, It was a shot in the dark.

[unsure] Lets do this one more time, if I can get some of you out there interested in another contest for what ever fish you all think would be the one.

We could go for Bass ( large or small ) , Pan Fish, Pike, Catfish, Or what. You tell me and I will get it going.
[signature]
Hey Duke,

It seems you don't have quite enough people involved in your site yet. I have/had the same issue on the SC board.

I'm just now starting to get more anglers posting and interested in the SC board, i'm thinking of waiting until there are atleast 5 or 6 regular posters before attempting another contest.

I was also thinking of opening up the contest to anglers of any state and advertising it on the major boards that are seen by all. That might be a good option for you as well.

I like your idea of making the contest more broad versus having just trout as a countable catch. I think that will open the door for more anglers to get involved.

Good luck!
[signature]