Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge trip
Just got back from fishing flaming gorge with crossineyes, with captain Jim, creative fishing. fishing was good in the morning and slowed down after noon. we jigged in 65 to 105 feet of water.
here's a couple of pic's of the fish I caught. 16lb. 24lb. and 30lb.
Thanks for the good time Captain Jim.
later chuck
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Way to go Chuck, Looks like you got the hang of that there Mack fish'in. I've got to check out Capt. Jim and think about a trip.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice job, Chuck! Looks like you had great weather with nice flat seas for jigging. Congratulations!
[signature]
Nice fish and report . I was planning on a solo trip there soon but work has put a ball and chain on me lately .
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great Report! Looks like you got into some bigguns up there.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Chuck, nice looking macks, did Ken catch any?
[signature]
Nice pics! I'll bet it was a lot of fun catching those fish.
[signature]
Thanks you guys, we had a blast, the lake was just about flat all day on monday, the wind came up pretty good on tuesday and we got off at about 1:30. had a bunch of bites on monday that we missed and a couple that I didn't even set the hook on the bites was so fast. you really have to be onit when it happens or it over that fast. I had one fish just touch my jig, moved the pole tip about 1\8in. I didn't set the hook and said did you see that Jim, yea. and the next thing " WHAM " yanked the pole tip down about 2in. and again I didn't set the hook, uuuhhhhh crap, Oh man, don't know just startled me and i didn't responed. later chuck
[signature]
I GOT SPANKED THIS TRIP. IT WAS CHUCKS TURN TO REDEAM HIMSELF. LOL. I HAD ABOUT 14 BITES IN 2 DAYS. I JUST WAS IN A CAR WRECK ABOUT A MOUNTH AGO AND MY BODY WONT LET ME REACT AS FAST AS WHEN IM HELTHEY. BUT IHAD MOORE FUN AND LAFFED MY BUTT OFF BOTH DAYS. HAD A COUPLE ON BUT BARLEY HOOKED AND THEY SHOOK OFF. NEXT TRIP ITS MY TURN. YOU GUYS GOT A DATE FOR YR TRIP YET. ALO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LERN HOW TO DO THIS GETS TO CALL CAPT JIM HE HAS DATES FOR AUG THATS WHEN THE SMALLER FISH GO NUTS. ITS A GREAT TIME TO THE KIDS AND GET THEM READY FOR THE BIGGER FISH WITH PRATICE. IF YR INTERESTED SEND A PM TO TARPONJIM....
[signature]
Sorry to hear about the wreck you were in, hope your able to get back to normal very soon. I'm guessing you guys were fishing in Jim's boat and not in Chuck's? Sounds tempting but we have no plans to fish with Jim anytime soon, not to say it won't happen in the future. I think we will keep trying ourself a few more times before we shell out the big bucks, all at once at least[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Nice![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I can relate to missing those bites. It ain't that easy but it sure is a lot of fun. How did your backs hold up? Mine tells me it is there about 2:00 pm. We'll be there June 3 & 4 with Jim. Also I'm trying to get an August trip going when my brother is up here.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Your gona have a good time the first week of june, more fish should be holding together by then. they are still a little scattered now but Jim did find us a few schools. I'm going to give it a try on my own in June either the first week or second. I'll have to keep an eye on Jim's site to see when the big fish are hitting good. later chuck
[signature]
looks like you know what your doin,can you tell me do you always tip your jigs with meat or something else or just scents,thanks gorge attic
[signature]
ON JIMS BOAT HE DOES NOT TIP JIGS OR USE SENT.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE PRESINTATION.
[signature]