Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell April 26-30 WOW!
Just returned from a trip to lake powell with seven friends. All can say is WOW. What a great trip! We arrived on Wednesday evening and fished the houseboats docks near dark for a few hours and did poorly. I thought o know, I hope that the rest of my trip is not like this.

[inline 1212.jpg]
Thursday morning we got our house boat, Hooked the fishing boats to the back and started up lake. We went to Warm spring Canyon and found a great place to anchor up the house boat, And then we went fishing. We fished the local canyons, Cedar, Seven mile, knolls and such and picked up enough smallies for a great dinner that evening.

[inline 2312.jpg]
Later that night, The wind came up and howled all night long while I slept on top of the house boat. Long night! It also blew all day Friday. We were able to fish about and hour Friday evening but the low pressure that came in slowed the fish down. We ended up with Zero.
[inline 3212.jpg]
Saturday Morning brought glass like water conditions and the warm sun with no wind. Hit the water early to get away from the tournament boys coming out from the Bullfrog open. We still had to deal with them but the fishing was great. We slayed them. We caught some nice size crappies. 13" was the average, Nice smallies and Large mouths. A few walleye were caught and only one nice striper. We did not really target the stripers. Just the bass.
[inline 4321.jpg]
I will try to attach the photos. if they are to big or wrong, Sorry. Not a computer guru.

[inline 5432.jpg]
I am leaving town on 05-04-06 till monday the 8th. if you want some additional info on what we used, Pm me and I will fill you in on what we used to catch fish and such.
[signature]
Great report thanks. Just don't let bassrods here you ate a bass. Glad you nailed them good job!
[signature]
Lake Powell experts will tell you that it is ok to keep a few smallies here in there from Powell--as opposed to LMB--put them back! Of course, why bother eating either when you could catch stripers and eat them instead--or go to the Dam Bar and Grill and having some of those grass eating bovine fish.
[signature]
[Wink] All lmb were released. Only kept smallies
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great trip how big was your walleye...

[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850] Riley,

Good to see you got into them down there.

It's been several years since I have fished LP and hope to get down there once this year. Your report makes me more anxious.

Nice report ... nice pics.[/#002850][/font] [/size]
[signature]
Bassrods,

The eyes were small 12-14" they were also released
[signature]
nice report riley isent that a great fisherie,eat all the fish ya want it your trip and your gas.besides they will get stunted if you dont take some.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Dang nice outing! Congrats on getting on the fish. Lake Powell is such a good time![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
nice report Mark. thanks for sharing you pics[Wink]
[signature]