Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE FALCON HAS LANDED
[size 1]Just got back from my initiation in to the Guides of Falcon's Ledge.
[Image: FalconsLedgebackadd.jpg]
We were ruffing it[cool], here was my sleeping quarters right next to a huge kitchen with everything anyone could want including an ice cold fountain machine with root beer, lemonade, pepsi, etc.
[Image: mybedroomadd.jpg]
The Lodge is surrounded by 6 ponds loaded with huge fish (which aren't that easy to catch by the way, but I kick a$$)
[Image: bigtrout8add.jpg]
[Image: Jonilittlepondadd.jpg]
Plus rivers very close like the Rock Cliff and the Strawberry;
[Image: JoniRockClifffbrown2add.jpg]
[Image: JoniMiddlePondadd.jpg]
It was fantastic and the big fish was 26". I caught so many fish I am ready for the customers. They treat the guides like gold up there so you can imagine how the guest are received. [/size]

HERE IS THE 26"
[Image: bigtrout1add.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there FGD look like you had a blast of a time. And some people have to work for a living. [Wink] What was your choice of flys? Noticed that you are listed under the guide directory at Falcon's Ledge. Looking at the guest photos of their catches, it looks like a fun place to fish.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Thanks Dry Rod, it was unbelievable. I was using a black/white chironomid at 9' and a black/red at 6' (double rig) and they were hitting both. I was also using my quick release indicators but with that 10' rod I really didn't need to. You can see the indicator off to the side in the bottom phot. A green copper john size 18 on the rivers.
[signature]
I have no idea what any of that stuff is. Yet! I do agree that it looks like a very rough week of training though.[Tongue] Congrats on the new job.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]A picture is worth a thousand words. Give or take a few 100.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Here is some info on your 5th picture down in your post. What I can't tell is what kind of fly you used.[/size][/green][/font] [center][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=15934;][/center]
[signature]
That's pretty cool! I love that camera, it fits in to an Altiode box, the ol' man got the waterproof one (same features).
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]If that is considered "initiation" or "training," then I'm definitely in the wrong line of work.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]