Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Musky Report ... 5-6-06
[black][size 3]Hit Pineview this morning with Old Coot --- Musky hunting. Launched at 6:20 and headed to North Fork. Casted a variety of Rapala J-13's and Husky Jerks. No luck so we decided to troll. Hit most likely spots from North fork to the south side. While trolling up the south south side with a non-Rapala perch resembling a husky jerk I hooked into a 30 inch musky. It was the only bite and only musky for the day. Old Coot had to get home to plant his new yard.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][inline "May 06 002 Medium Web view.jpg"][/size]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850] Had to go home to plant my yard? You said “I got mine, now let’s go home” …. LOL

There were very few boats at all on Pineview all morning. Pretty much had the lake to ourselves. The water was 53-55 degrees and like glass all morning. We practiced our snagging techniques prior to the musky hookup but we never lost any lures.

It sure was nice to get out on the lake with you this morning and fish ScottieB. Our goal was to get just one musky … and you Got-r-dun. That first musky of the year is always a good one.
[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
Nice musky there Scottieb. I'll bet it was nice to hook into. Is the water still really murky?
[signature]
Did you get a water temp??
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850]"The water was 53-55 degrees and like glass all morning." [/#002850][/font]
[signature]
Uh oh, looks like almost musky time! I am heading up in 2 weeks. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Way to go Scottieb!! Nice way to start out a Sat. Glad to see you hooked up!! Arn't Tiger M's an awsome looking fish?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Nice tiger Scottieb! I have only caught 1 my whole life....which was only by luck too.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Hey Terry How you doin? the lake was beautiful all morinig and hookin that musky just made it better.
[signature]
Hey there bee. ya the water is quite brackish, looks worse than willard.
[signature]
Nice catch ScottieB! Itgets the blood punping doesn't it! I've been up twice and didn't hook up. After the wiper tourney I will go muskie fishing quite often.
[signature]
It does get the blood pumping, and I like fishing for the musky but if im lookin for something to eat i gota go to willard for the wiper.

Scottie-B
[signature]
Congrats on the "Skie" . I'll be hitting the "View" soon . Just have to get this wiper thing over . [Wink]
[signature]