Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Wilson Ice Fishing Last Weekend
[Wink]Ice Fishing Last weekend was excellent with hundreds of stripers caught. I would estimate that at times there were 150 people on the ice if not more. Many stripers in the 4 to 15 lb. range were caught and the largest I heard of was a 25 lb. HOG. I witnessed one fellow who had his limit on the ice catch a bigger fish only to keep it and place the smaller striper back down the hole, trying to convince me that he would survive. Once those fish are on the ice they are your limit and any striper caught from then on must be release without removing it from the water. This is Kansas law. I heard of and saw several people taking over there limit and didn't seem to care. Wildlife and Parks did show up but the guilty parties had hit the road. Stripers are here on a put and take basis and with the ever growing white perch problem we need as many stripers as possible to keep this perch under control, by all means catch your limit stripers are great to eat but please consider the fishing in the future for yourself, kids and grandkids, MaddJack
[signature]
you getting back out this week?

are them white perch edible and do they get any size to them?

I dont mind fish sticks if I can get a bunch of them.[Tongue]
[signature]
Hi Dave, Yes I have been back out this week. The ice is off and my boat is in. Still catching white perch, white bass but am currently focusing on stripers and having pretty good luck. The season is up and running here in Kansas. The white perch are very [size 1]edible and easy to catch but only running about 1/2#[/size]
[signature]