Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell May 5&6
Boat problems restricted us to fishing close to the Antelope Point Marina, but we still caught a half-dozen stripers, dozens of bass, and one walleye.

We did some night fishing off the Antelope pier and caught several stripers using anchovies.

Fishing was also good off the Wahweap pier, but the crowd was profane and vulgar so we moved. Another group from Arizona with a bunch of young children also followed us to Antelope.

Please control yourselves when there are young anglers present. I've already experienced the same thing at Utah Lake this year as well.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Shelby, sounds like it was a good trip despite the motor problems. Its too bad that some people don't seem to be able to talk without using profane language. Any size to the stripers? WH2
[signature]
[red][size 3]I took the family down to Bullfrog for a week over Easter - sure was dang nice but the fishing was slow. Instead of motor troubles "picnicing" competed with fishing time and we never got back out at night to try our luck after gorging on dutch oven and smores every evening. I couldn't resist taking the mountain bike out for a ride as well. I had also never fished Lake Powell before and only caught one (big) Crappie but everyone else in the campground was having simmilar or worse luck. They were all good neighbors unlike the bunch you ran into. The stripers were 40-60+ feet down and we had a few light taps but never converted them to a fish. The surface temps were 59-60 and we graphed a lot of shad in the canyons. It was sure depressing dragging the boat back over the canyon to Spanish Fork in the snow in our t-shirts and cut-offs![/size][/red]
[signature]
One of the stripers was a fat female loaded with eggs and she was about 5.5 pounds. The others were skinny, including one that was longer that weighed only 4 pounds.
[signature]