Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turkey huntin tent
hey there guy, watchin the outdoor channel, ya watch it? i like turkey huntin, i can,t wait to use my new shotgun this year. but i,ve never seen one of those tents ya git in. have you? keeps your smell in and keeps ya out the wind. looks cool.[cool] haha,AND I CAN MOVE IF I NEED TOO HAHA. you like turkey huntin? [laugh][Smile]as you can see i also like these Smiley faces haha mare later
[signature]
[Smile] Lou, Have never been turkey hunting but hopefully will get to go this year if the folks that I know that have some land will let me hunt there. As far as the pop up blind goes I bought one at Rural King for 126.00 or there abouts. Bought is so that could take Grandkids deer hunting but will work for Turkey and is not as expensive as those that contain scent lock. I have been told that this blind will work well for turkey since turkey have no sence of smell unlike deer. Looking into buying a Binelli Nova for Turkey and geese.

Later.
[signature]
yeah hey, i never did give it any thought bought deer huntin. that would be good for me too and would keep us warmer with the wind too. i didn,t know the others had a scent decenter with it. haha i only heard about the turkey one. only problen is with the deer huntin i,d be afraid it might become upmissin if i left it out. i,d have to break it down everynite when i left. ya never know. i can,t afford buyin one everyday. bow huntin, rifle muzzle turkey, cool. maybe i,ll git one this comin year. later
[signature]
hey mare , i'm a kind of a do-it- yourselfer when it comes to hunting blinds . i started to make em when i was learning to goose hunt and been doing it ever since . cheapest one i did so far was an old brown blanket and sprayed glue on one side , i threw leaves , grass and twigs on it and let it dry . once dry i shook off all the loose stuff and rolled it up for hunting . you put it up like a tent and you keep dry and out of site . works real good too .
[signature]
[cool] that sounds too lonehunter!! yeah i think many moons ago i did it with a good size tarp and put the leaves and spruce branches over. i,d forgot i think that will be better thanks. i don,t really know why i did,nt remember doin that up on my mountainn probably cause it was many many moons ago. ahhaha anywas i think mainly why i likesd it so much was cause it was tall. i can stand up in it and do my stretches if i have to. moverhahaha could use it for sleepin in too if ya wanted. and had winders ya could open. for your shots. but mainly the openin i,d use. i,ll put it up om the farm and leave it if i,m gonna have it set up i,d be ok. up there i believe. and do the blanket things for the day. i,m SET1 HAHA. GOOD IDEAS GUYS. THANKS.
[signature]
hey your welcome mare , it's always a joy to hear from you , i always look forward to hearing of your adventures and of your outlook on life . your one of thoes people that can keep us on our tip-toes just waiting to hear from you . how's everything going for you guys ? were expecting a storm here , i'm hopeing we don't loose power again , this computer might think i forgot about it and not speak to me again .[Smile] talk back to you soon , lonehunter , your pal .
[signature]
hahaha you must of writ me right after i writ you hahaha love yours too miss ya. love talkin with ya. been fishin? guess what! IT BEAUTIFUL HERE TODAY! 40 AND THE ICICLES MELTIN YEAH! I MIGHT EVEN GIT A CHANCE TO GO COYOTE HUNTIN!! YEAH!!!! HAHA GOT TO GIT MY NEW LICENCE THOUGH BEFORE. MAYBE MY BOY WILL GO WITH ME. WE DON,T GIT TO GO TOGETHER TOO MUCH HE,S WORKIN ALL THE TIME AND WITH THIS BAD WEATHER /COLD/ THE PLUMBIN SITIATION IS BOOMIN! HHAA BEEN THERE DONE THAT. HE HATES IT WHEN I TELL HIM I REMEMBER AND I WAS ONLY 110 LBS AND LIFTIN BOILERS AND TAKIN OLD ONE OUT AND PUTTIN COPPER SEWER LINES CAST IRON AND WELLS IN IN 20 BELOW ZERO WEATHER. HAHA HE LOVES HIS MOTHER THEN!! I DON,T LET HIM FEEL SORRY FOR HIMSELF! HAHA IT,S THE AGE. HAHA. DID IT 13 YEARS. HAHA PLUS TAKE CARE OR THE HOUSE HIM HIS STEPFATHER A HORSE DOGS AND CAT. HAHA AIN,T I A ------ HAHA ANYWAYS, HOPE YA DON,T LOSE POWER AGAIN. OH AND I USE DTO DO ELECTRICAL TOO. AT LEAST RUN IT. HAHA THAT,S LIFE. HAHA BUT I KEPT UP WITH THE BEST OF THOSE GUYS. HAHA AND YA KNOW THYE HAD RESPEVT FOR ME. AND I THEM IT TOOK AWHILE, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY DID. I WERE,N A QUITTIER! HAHA SO MUCH FOR THAT. HAHA ANYWAYS DID YA SEE MY OTHER NOTE TO YA? I THINK IT WAS UNDER THE TENTS. NOT POSITIVE. TOOK MED.S DON,T MEMBER MUCH. HAHA ANYWAYS IT WAS ABOUT YOUR JEEP> YA GOT A DISH? AS FAR AS THE COMPUTER YOUR ON? WE GOT CABLE MOTEM HERE ANMD I LOVE IT. THE WORST WETHER WE GIT AND WE STILL GOT THE COMPUTER. LOVE IT I ALWAYS WANT TO TALK TO YA HAHA MARE CATCH YA LATER!!! [cool][Smile]
[signature]
SEE I TOLD YA DON,T MEMBER MUCH HAHA!! I CAN LAUGH AT MYSELF HAHA!! I AM ON THE TENT ONE IN HUNTIN!! HAHA I GUESS IT AHD TO BE ANOTHER!! AHAH DUMB BROAD HAHA!! YOU LAUGHIN HAHA I BET AND I DON,T BLAME YA HAHA. NOT ONLY THAT I JUST HAD A GOOD COLD OLD BUD!! HAHAHOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW. HAHA HAHAHAHA !!! EVERYBODY NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH EVEN WHEN YOUR ALONE!! HHAHAHA LATER I MIGHT EVEN HAVE ANOTHER!! HAHA LATER!!
[signature]
[reply]
hey there guy, watchin the outdoor channel, ya watch it? i like turkey huntin, i can,t wait to use my new shotgun this year. but i,ve never seen one of those tents ya git in. have you? keeps your smell in and keeps ya out the wind. looks cool.[cool] haha,AND I CAN MOVE IF I NEED TOO HAHA. you like turkey huntin? [laugh][Smile]as you can see i also like these Smiley faces haha mare later [/reply]
[signature]
yeah ok?so what,s your point? keep on track? hahahah ya we seem to get off on it sometimes but that,s the way tis haha that,s waht makes this fun! haha it,s rainin here today? wonder if the tent would leak haha. i talked about the tent haha! yoou want to? haha do you turkey hunt? what shotgun ya got>?: later! [Smile][Wink][sly]
[signature]
where would you turkey hunt. i,d go over in rutland vt. or in timouth vt. lot of turkeys over there. i hope we still have some this spring. way this weathers goin i don,t know if they.ll be few and far betwixt. we got rain today and then it,s gonna freeze tonite. make it hard for em to get feed. deer too that,s what happened bout 8 years ago and we lost alot. deer and turkey. just started comin back , both bout 3 years ago. alot of farms over there. fields. hope they survive. been hard wonter for em again. later[Smile]
[signature]
Indiana, I know some folks that have some woods and with a little luck they will let me turkey hunt there this spring. I keep hoping for deer but so far no luck.
[signature]
hey twin that was me i forgot to sign in. anyways there,s lot of people on here huh from everywhere! haha your the first i know from indianna. that,s cool. my son and my fian,ce go turkey huntin later cookin
[signature]
Lou, My Bad. What I ment was that I hope they will let me hunt deer there this fall as the place that I hunted this year went to a town by pass. This year or last (2002) depending on how you want to look at it I did okay. Got a small buck, first one that I had seen in 3 years and a couple of nice does. But am really hoping for turkey this year. As far as the pop up blind goes mine comes with a carry case that you can make into a back pack that only weighs a couple of pounds and since it is spring steel it sets up in seconds. Carry one of those light weight folding chairs and you are sitting are sitting comfy.
[signature]
don,t say your bad, i don,t like anyone to put themselves down! ok? ok/ it just didn,t come out the way ya wanted . that,s all. i do that too. anyways, i like the sounds of yours. i never heard or seen one like that. i would like one like that. we don,t git nothen like that up here. not in walmart or kmart or nothin. even the expensive stores, regular huntin stores i haven,t seen nothin like that. tha,s somethin! wow. that would be good to carry on the motorcycle too. does it leak? that,s cool! do ya have a picture of it? if ya do can ya put it on here so,s i can see it? hey guess what i see today?!! an full grown beautiful eagle!!!! he was in a tree watchin the field for his supper!!!!! i was amazed. generally we,ll get em in the summer spring fall sometimes butnever in the winter i,ve never seen one here now!!! but they,re few and far betwixt even in the spring sum, fall. they follow the river. connecticut. there was a pair in hanover last summer and a pair here in windsor, that,s it. and they had their young here. but today! i just couldn,t believe it![cool]write me back when ya git a chance ok? now i got you and lonehunter to talk to . haha[cool]
[signature]
went to go on you reply and it didn,t work so i put it under mine. anyways i forgot to tell ya ya did good on your deer. good boy foer grampa haha that,s what gramp use to say except girl for me haha. later[Smile][cool]
[signature]
did you two get lost? hha wonderin where are yatwin? where are ya lonehunter! haha nust of been one hell of a storm!! busy huh i figured just bustin. later me[Smile][cool]hope your fishin or huntin[Smile]
[signature]
hey mere , going again , but still got some glitches to work out . been ice fishing and had the wind blow my seat over and dumped my stuff down the hole , so i'm out there starting all over again , guess i won't be winning the prise but it sure is fun trying !

het , get that man of yours another pumpkin pie , any guy working out in that weather deserves one or two , he gets a thumbs up from me ! he da ' man !
[signature]
hey there pal, was just worried bout al of ya when ya mentioned a storm you,s suppose to git. ll of ya. did ya git it:? sorry to hear bout all your fishin stuff. that sucks!!! [Tongue] you got quite bit of ice now???? you better for you go out!! i,ll git ticked. don,t want nothin happenin to you guys!! ok??? mean it.!! u be careful. to hell with the fishin stuff! ok? anyways, ya i,ll make jack another pie! hahaha. he does deserve it. haha we went shoppin today. he got me some cool stuuf. girl stuff but that,s ok. sometimes. haha i got louie our little dashound a cute little red felt vest. it has a pocket in it for him and we put it on him he looks so cute! he,s gonna wear it when we git on the motorcycle. jacks got a nice old harley 71 and we have so much fun on it. we go campin and fishin too. love it and so does louie! haha you should see him when we git out the helmets. laugjh oh he a riggin! bad enough when we,re goin in the car or truck. haha where did ya go fishin? on a lake? sounded it. boy that wind must of really been blowin. ya ain,t got no shelter to git into? ought to use that turkey tent haha git blown away in it probably huh?? ahahhaahah just joshin. don,t wat that!!!! haha mare later [Smile][cool][laugh]
[signature]
i been thru the ice before and don't plan on ever diong it again , i have a canvas wind break ( kind of half a tent ) had the chair inside it with the stuff holding it down . the chair was just the right height that when it tipped over everything went strait into the hole . i was once out on lake erie once about three miles out on the ice when it started cracking , i dropped my gear and ran faster than any snowmobile ever could go back to shore , i don't miss anything i left behind either . i sure was happy to be back on the dirt . the storm wasen't bad , just a lot of ice , but it kept the school kids at home and they tied up the phone lines to the internet and they kept shutting them down because there was so many of them . there back to school now . tell jack i said hi , talk again tomorow , lonehunter
[signature]