Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wounded bait VS. live bait
I have always wondered about this.<br><br>Why does lively bait work better than dead.Wouldn't dead be easier to catch and taste the same.Lively bait they have to chase it and might not always get it.Doesn't make any sense when the captain says put fresh bait on.Does anyone else wonder too??<br><br>
I think lively bait triggers responses in predator fish that dead bait doesn't...dead is fine if the fish are hungry...but lively bait that struggles will draw aggressive strikes even from well fed fish....I think.<br><br>Jerry Vovcsko<br>East Bridgewater, Mass USA<br>Moderator, Massachusetts Forum
In the Wild, most Animals tend to steer clear of sick or dead prey, they don’t want to get the sickness.<br>Not always but it could come into the thoughts.<br><br>If there is plenty of food around, most animals, including us, like it as fresh as can get…<br><br>A nice fresh lively bait will run from a predator, thus creating the cat n mouse instinct…<br><br>A live bait will explode a blood cloud when bit or smashed, they might like that, I often wonder about that when BIG fish eat TINY bait.<br><br>Match the hatch…<br><br>Fish & other animals are very energy conscious, if there is plenty food, they’ll spend more energy chasing…<br>Less food around, eat what they can get…<br><br>Ey brah, I get fish, you like some..?<br>I have some from two days ago & some from today, which would ya like..?<br><br>[Smile] <b><font color=red>ALOHA</b></font color=red> [cool]<br><br>Dan<br>Stand Up!!!<br><br><br><A HREF="http://www.fishingkauai.com" target="_new"> Stand Up Fish`N Charters Kauai Hawai </A> <br>[Wink]
What ya got<br>Are you coming out here ever.Everyone is dying to meet you.<br><br>I know I wouldn't want to chase a piece of meat down.Would you rather chase a fresh tuna and might not catch it or a day old tuna that you will catch.I still haven't heard an answer that would really make sense.Capt Dan your's is pretty good but that isn't always the case.Steve what cha think<br><br>