Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renegade 5/11
Fished around the Renegade boat ramp today from about 10:45 until about 3:30. Part of the day we were in tubes part on shore as the wind came and went all day. Not much action on jigs, flies, worms or power bait for anyone. People came and people went most with only one fish or none at all. My brother caught 3 and I caught 4 and thought we were pretty lucky after talking with people loading up to leave. Four of the 7 were on white tube jigs with worm so I guess you could say that was the hottest bait for the day.

Out4trout sorry for not showing up at Chicken Creek. My car died in Daniels canyon and it took until 10:30 for my brother to come and get me and he wanted to try Renegade. After spending 90 minutes to get from Daniels to the visitor center I just didn't care anymore. Sorry, hope you did better then we did.
[signature]
A neighbor and my self took our kids to Strawberry on Thursday. We fished Renegade about the same time you did. I was fishing the arm that goes back in North West of Renegade. My neighbor was trolling with bright green and orange flatfish at 1 to 2 MPH. My boat can’t troll that slowly and I couldn’t pick up any fish( I need to get a trolling motor). I ended up jigging as I drifted. My neighbor had his teenagers with him they were able to catch 9-10 fish and one keeper. I had 3 kids ages 6, 10, 11. Between helping them get setup and untangling lines we were able to catch 7 fish on difference types and colors of jigs tipped with a night crawler.
[signature]
[cool]It's alright about not showing up, dude. Sorry to hear about your car. That really sucks. You didn't miss much action at Chicken Creek East. Just solitude and slow fishing. I was going to go kittie/eye chasing at the big brown pond but the forcrash was calling for 11 mph winds and that doesn't bode well for tubers, so off to 'da berry I went!

When I launched my tube at 8:30 there was a thin layer of ice right at the edge of the shore and my sonar (before the battery died after charging it two nights before) was registering 41 degrees. Can you say BURRRRRR!!!! It was water temps for the hardcore tuber (i.e. TubeDude), but somehow I managed to fish for til about 12:00 till my feet were numb, sonar battery dead, and only two fish to the tube, a 22 incher and a 20 incher (all cuts, no 'bows for the grill). They did seem to put up a better fight than cuts usually do though, so that was fun.

After that, I decided to pack up and go over to the Aspen Grove area and try some bait chucking from shore for some 'bows and to see if I could get any crawdads in my traps. Caught neither. I had a fish on for about 10 seconds but he got off, and even with raw chicken legs in my traps, I didn't get one 'dad. Didn't see any in the water either. Learned something about 'dads yesterday though. They are no where near the shore at this time of the year. Guess they come in closer when the water temps warm up like in June or so. That really surprised me.

All in all it was a good stress relief to get up there into the nice fresh mountain air, stretch my string a bit, and forget about all of my stress and troubles. It was a good day!!
[signature]