Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 05/10
Ah - soft water at the Berry at last. Two friends and I hit the water Wed. about 6:45 and fished the southern end until around 11:30 or so. We got a hold of 21 cuts or so, most below the slot, though we did get at least one above 22". Caught my first fish this year at Strawberry - 30 seconds into the day. Fishing was fairly fast early on with pointers, we switched to white Berkeley jigs around 9 and caught about 12-13 jigging. The water temp is a balmy 39.3 degrees and extremely murky from run-off. I suspect the fishing will pick up quite a bit as soon as the water clears up a little. I love fishing up there, so I'll go again a couple times next week even though the water is dirty, but I'd say the top notch spring fishing is still at least a couple weeks out. GOTTA LOVE THE BERRY.
[signature]
Thanks for the update on the berry. I have plans to fish it for 3 days over memorial day weekend, can't wait to get up there.

Looking forward to some more of those awsome pics of them monster cutts of yours.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Thanks for the report. I'm with MGB, and can't wait to check out some of your pictures this year. You sure know how to catch the big slimer fish.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I was wondering when the poor cutts at the berry would rue the day the fish chaser returned! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Good to hear Strawberry is as good as ever.
[signature]