Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fast or slow
I recently found this site and do enjoy it. I would like to enjoy it even more, so here is my question. I have been accessing the site from my work computors. It's pretty fast (T1 speed), I have tons of available time sitting here with numerous computors at my access. But I would like to visit here while at home also.
I've accessed it multiple times from my home PC which is on the dreaded Dial up. And of course it is unbearably to slow while it downloads all the banners, advertising and what not, everytime you change a page/forum. Other then getting off the dial up and getting something faster, is there something else I can do that could speed up the process?
I've pretty much giving up looking at it at home, way to slow, so I find myself visiting/posting on other forums I'm registered to. I don't really have a speed issue with them (at least 8 other fishing sites).
Am I just out of luck?
[signature]
First I would like to welcome you to the great BFT playground.
I think we can help speed things up on the dialup system you are using at home. There are some additinal settings that are not automaticaly added in modem setup that helps increase speed of transfer of data to and from your system. It is not a hard process to do but, I would need more information about your system to give you the detailed instructions on the process. If you use Yahoo messanger at home contact me at bftssor and we can work it out for you. If not Yahoo then send me an instant message here by clicking on my user name of ssor and we can work on the information I need to help you speed things up.
Dwight
[signature]
we have another sister site for those of us who suffers with the dreaded dial up. (including me.) It has none of the bells and wistles this site has, but the guys are just as friendly and just as helpfull....

you are welcome to give it a go,

[url "http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/"]http://www.fishingmessageboards.com/[/url]

Let us know what you think about it...
[signature]
Thanks ssor,
I learned a very valuable lesson a few hours after I posted my question.
The lesson was to never, ever talk about how slow my home computor was behind it's back and especially on a faster computor.
I don't know how it knew I was taking about it, but when I got home that day and turned it on, the hard drive crashed. So after being on the phone with Dell for 2 plus hours today trouble shooting. Their sending me a new hard drive which I was still covered under warrenty. (which if it all works out okay, I was pleased with there support so far).
So for now, until I get things back up and running at home, I will not pursue my question any farther at the moment.
But thanks so much for willing to help.
[signature]