Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANY BFT MEMBERS GOIN TO GORGE VILLA DERBY NEXT WEEK END
ANY BODY ENTERED IN THE VILLA DERBY AT THE GORGE? MAY 20 ,IF YOU ARE WHAT FISH YA GOIN AFTER?AND HAVE ANY ONE OF YA EVER WON ANY THING?
[signature]
I know fishonlynch and his dad are fishing the villa tourney
[signature]
Myself and buddy are entered. It will be my first time fishing the gorge on soft water. I think we will try a hand a catching some smallies, but basically anything that bites [Smile]. I don't expect to win anything. Just hope for half decent weather, some more boat break in time. Who knows we might get lucky and hook a biggin. If not we'll hope for a winning raffle ticket. Good Luck
[signature]
We thought about it then decided to go on june 5th thru the 10th and avoid the crowd. Targeting Mack only. My goal this year: 35 lber

Bodine
[signature]
yea im goin after macks ,but will probably end up fishin for rainbows ,but my best chance is probably the raffle tickets also,but somebodies got to win huh!!!!
[signature]
yea its probably a good idea im not much of a crowd fisher!!
[signature]
[Sad] I was wanting to go to the derby with my brother captnflappinshad but i got a new job and i have to work 6 days a week now. he's a good brother, he's came home to see mom for mothers day and stopped by and picked up all my fishing tackle and poles so they don't get any dust on them. sure suprised me that a harley motor cycle could haul that much and go that fast. i started to chase him down when he was leaving the garage to retrieve my tackle but i have been eating to many doughnuts these days and i was to tired to chase him past the end of the driveway. i was really mad until i looked down and saw a gift bag at the end of the driveway with my name on it, i looked inside and there was a dozen crispy creme doughnuts. i forgot about the fishin tackle and started to enjoy a doughnut until i read the note in the bag. it said to enjoy the doughnuts and to get off of my fat butt and get to sportsmens warehouse and buy some more fishin tackle as the selection he got was'nt up to his standards. i don't know what more he wants as there was at least one of everything in each of the 8 bags of tackle. he looked like one of those people riding a 10 speed bike on a long trip with stuff hanging off every possible place. well good luck to all the derby anglers. [Smile]trfishin
[signature]
i WILL BE THERE AS WELL...SO ANY BFTER THAT MIGHT NEED HELP DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK, WE WILL BE A SPONSER SO I HOPE TO SEE ALOT OF YOU THERE.
JARED JOHNSON SHASTA TACKLE.
[signature]
yea think we have actually met up at the same derby,about a 2-3 years ago,we was having a rough time getting the kokes to hit,and you gave me and my two other brothers,sling blades of the right color,at the villa bar.and we went out the next day and was having double hook ups.its amazing what the kokes do when you got the things they want.today we still use the same color sling blade it seems to be the one that works best for us.good luck jared and we will probably see you up there,any thing new comoing out this year from shasta? thanks and good luck kelly
[signature]
We will be at the Derby for the forth year. Don't expect to win but sure have fun. Maybe win an ATV ths year. We will be in a Glastron Walk-around type boat. No stickers yet but I will say "Hi" to anyone who looks my way.
[signature]
if you would like i can send some bft stickers up with fishonlynch
[signature]
My parents and I are fishing the derby this weekend. We are targeting koke's. We will be fishing out of a trophy with a tower. If you see us, say hi. We've never placed in this derby, just won raffle drawings. We've always enjoyed fishing in this derby and the buckboard derby. Travis
[signature]
That would be way cool. I really appreciate that. Maybe we could get some stickers for the BFTers at this tournament so we can "represent".[cool]
[signature]
is there a website for this and the buckboard tourny? i may give it a shot next year. id like to read a little about it and learn the rules and what not. ive never fished a tournament before. is this for any species, all species, or what?
[signature]
i dont think they have a website for this spring villa derby,its pretty much first come first serve,up to there limit, and thats around 300 teams up to 3 a team, three guys or gals.its big fish for each species in the lake. and then big fish overall the species wins the most, besides lake trout and cat fish,these have their own category which pays good but not as much.as for the buckboard tourney i dont know, but would like to find out and when and how much?
[signature]
2006 Villa's Derby information. pdf format- hope it works. Travis
hey, thanks a lot for the info! it sounds like a lot of fun. maybe next year we will join up!
[signature]
I will be there with a team. I will be in my 24' cruiser named "Christine II" I will have my gmrs radio on 16.
[signature]