Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flaming gorge 5/13-5/14
well, i decided at the last minute to go to the gorge for the weekend. i had planned on just fishing deer creek saturday, but decided to spend the extra gas money. my brother and i headed up friday night and tried some night fishing with no luck. we slept in the boat and fished early in the morning. early was best- between 5 and 8. (see sockeyslayer- i do get my "lazy butt out of bed" sometimes!) the kokes are getting more active with the warm weather and it was a lot of fun. no large macs, but a lot of smaller ones for us. a quick trip, but it was fun.

best koke rigs for us were sling blades and koke a nuts. second was sling blades and humdingers. third was wedding rings. most of the time we tipped these with worms. we also used some pro cure scents as well.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Wow...a whole month before you post the report.[Wink] J/K. Thanks for the report, I have never been to the Gorge. Hopefully this year that will change.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
i guess im living in the past! i changed the dates. sorry about that.
[signature]
Sorry for no reply's but I have been moveing and not posting about the fising soon we will have the net and not enuf time too post with the hot fishing. fished the 11th and caught 11= 38lbs and a small 32 was the best no pig's yet still waiting for them too show up in the honey hole's koke limit's come fast furious and thay are little fatty's if ya got the limey lure's, oh no limey lure's in the state's funny stuff i got a box full later all ASH GO FOREST CIRCUIS.................................................
[signature]
dont worry about not being on the net! you had mentioned you were moving, so i figured youd be pretty busy. jared's got some good rigs, and its gettin' us into some good kokes. some of my old rigs are workin' pretty good too! they are a lot of fun, but man im wanting a good mac! sounds like youre doing just fine! i'll talk to ya later, kidder
[signature]
I TOLD YOU AND YOU STILL HAVE YET TO BELIEVE ME......I FOUND THE EVER ELUSIVE LIMEY LURE BAIT WE BOTH KNOW WHAT THAT IS AND I WILL HAVE SOME TO SHOW YOU @ THE DERBY TO GET A THUMB'S UP OR DOWN AS TO HOW MANY MORE YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aNYWAY i HAVE FOUND A FEW OF MY RIG'S "SHASTA" HOLDING THERE OWN IF NOT OUT PRODUCING MOST ANYTHING ELSE SO I WILL GET A FEW OF THOSE COMING YOUR WAY AS WELL.
JARED JOHNSON SHASTA TACKLE CO.
[signature]
Jared, I missed your demo night last week. I ended up in New York instead of hearing all about Kokes. What are "Limey Lures"? Anyway, I just found out that my trip to the Gorge next week is off because my friend with the boat has conflicts he can't get out of. Will the Kokes still be as good the first week of June? Is there anything new or better that I missed hearing about at Sportsmans? Thanks for help.
Jared Nelson, AKA Chinook
[signature]