Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Mag 990 Reel
I have a Penn Mag 990 fishing reel, and I absolutely love it. I'd like to have another one so I can buy rods and have matching rod/reel combos. Any out there for a good price?
[signature]
wow! it sure has taken a while to get a response here for ya! did you ever have any luck finding that reel? where did you find the best deal? im amazed at the prices on ebay sometimes, but am curious to know how you did on the penn reel!
[signature]
LOL, I just figured no one had one to get me. No biggie. Those reels were discontinued back in 1994. The part that sucks is that I have one and it's one of my favorite reels.

But to answer your question, i've kinda stopped looking for one. There's a tackle store at the beach that has a 980 of the same style reel, I can get it for like 70 bucks. That's not a bad deal, but it's a rebuilt reel and I don't know about a rebuilt reel unless I owned it from day one and rebuilt it myself. I'm in shackles, I don't know what to do. [Tongue]
[signature]
thats too bad you havent been able to find the reel you want. luckily there are a lot of great new products to move to! but, it can be hard to let those sentimental favorites go! i still use antique perrine automatic fly reels for stream fishing! i got a couple from ebay last year that are working great! there just isnt a better way to fly fish, in my opinion, than with a good old automatic!

ebay is great for finding that kind of stuff! i'll keep an eye out for your penn while im browsing around for goodies!
[signature]
I have two Penn Mag 990's used only twice, as I live too far from the ocean to use them, and they were a gift. I am open to offers, and I also have other salt water rods and reels used very little for sale, such as matching rods for these reels, and a Penn tuna stick.

Kelly
[signature]
no pic ?
[signature]