Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Sunday
Went down to Lindon harbor yesterday and it sure started out slow. Fished off the north side dike on the outside of the harbor first for about an hour and a half with no bites. People next to me caught one white bass and a largemouth bass that was about six inches. Then they started fishing inside the harbor from the north dike and caught a carp. Fortunately they didn't want it so I had me some cut bait. Moved back inside when the wind started screaming even more and fished inside the harbor for another 1.5 hours with still not bites. Finally fished off the south side dike in the main lake to get out of the wind. Had 4 bites in about the first 45 minutes but couldn't hook up on them. Switched my rigs around and started catching some bull heads finally. Had one pole out with cut carp and one with night crawlers. I caught 3 bullheads on cut carp. 4 bullheads, 1 channel about 4.5 pounds and 1 white bass on night crawlers. Finally think I figured out how to do it though. I started out with one rod set up with a sliding rig and a 3/0 circle hook but was missing to many hits. Had the other one set up with a barrel weight on the bottom and 2 snells above it. Finally switched both rods over to sliding rigs and used a 2/0 eagle claw with the regular snell cut off and a 15-18 inch leader of 12 pound test line instead. Set my rods up with the bails open and a bobber clipped on the line and would let them go for a minute before I tried to set the hook. Worked much better only missed about 3 hits after that.
[signature]