Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you pay??
[crazy][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Would you pay $60 for a half day or $105 per day to fly fish in a private lake? Hunewill Ranch Pond located in the Sierras is a C&R, fly-fishing only float tube only pond. Only 4 people are permitted on the pond at one time. They say the fishing is fantastic. Bows and German Browns run an average of 2-5 lbs. When the hatch is on they feed voraciously and will fight for the rights to your fly. For the rest of the story by the OC Register clink this link:[/size][/green][/font]

[url "http://www.ocregister.com/.../article_1142903.php"]http://www.ocregister.com/.../article_1142903.php[/url]

[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]If I was going to drive up to the Sierras I would pass on this Pond. There are too many places to fish up there [ North of where I live] without having to pay $60 or more for a sure thing. In SOCAL there are many places that charge you not only to fish but also to launch one's float tube. So for a few bucks more I would give it a one time shot if they were located near by. If money wasn't a factor [which it probably isn't -I'm just cheap] I might do it every week. How about you?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Lately I have been in the mind set that the size of fish or the amount of fish does not matter. What thrills me is the hard to catch fish. A "canned" fishing trip would not interest me like it might have a few years ago.
[signature]
Well, seeings how it is what I do[cool], I am all for it.
I think if you are going on a trip for a couple of days and you want to get some great fishing in, that they are well worth it.
There is a private place up Idaho way that I am going to experience this year. Great location and I have seen the fish in there. It isn't like fishing in a bucket in that these fish are picky, but, you can see them either take or not your fly and they are hippo's!
[signature]
I would
[signature]
In Utah, close to the Green River, there is a little known private lake. It is stocked with big Rainbow Trout. The day fee for C & R fishing including you using your own float tube is only $5.00!!!
I fish it at least once a year and have a blast. So far it has never had more than 3 or 4 other people fishing it while I have been there. These fish are also very picky and not an easy catch. However you can do very well using a sinking line and streamer pattern there. This place is a great value for a days intertainment.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Only $5.00! Wow what a bargain. Just to fish at our Regional Parks it cost $3.00 for parking and $5.00 on the weekends. Would you believe that you can't wade or even use a float tube at these parks. Don't know why I still live in Mexifornia.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Can't do it- I have a buddy who has a couple acre pond with in 3 miles of my house. Browns up to 8 to 10#- an average fish though is probably 2 to 3. I fished it a few times 2 years ago- Once last year and none this year. It's just not why I fish. I do not begrudge anyone who enjoys this though. If you have a good time , great.
I am all for one enjoying themselves------------ intelligently.
[signature]