Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield & E-lake report..
headed up the canyon today to see how E-lake was doing and try and give it a try.. well no luck on the north end the road is still snowed in with about 6" to 2 feet of snow.. the whole north end of the lake is open and it is filling up fast.. it's allredy past the high mark for last year.. looks like about 4 to 7 more days for the road to open down into the north end of E-lake..

ok on to scofield.. got there around 9:30 this mornong got the boat in and out fishing by 9:45..trolled around for about 20 min's and found it difacult to keep the flotsome off our lines.. so headed over to a point i know about and hit the slime rockits with the minnow's..

this turnd out to be a good move.. for about the next 2 hours it was hot for some nice big fat rainbows.. biggest one was around 24" and 4 to 4 1/2 lbs.. at about 11:00 it just went cold on us.. we caoght about 6 more fish the rest of the day and they were from trolling..

realy nice day out there today!!
[signature]
Nice to hear e-lake is filling up a little. Have you heard any updates on pluggin the hole?
[signature]
Nice report, I like that 24" rainbow. You caught him near the rocks on the south east end of the lake? I ususally fish the south west beach area right before the private property.
[signature]
the 3 1/2 lb'er my buddy cought down on the west inlet area. we did not get to fare south tho.. i think we went past the island only once.. most the fish we cought was off the north points.. and in one spot off a small rock point with a deep hole next to it..
[signature]
Maybe i'll try the north end of the lake. I fish from the shore, do you know if the state park area which you have to pay to get in is good fishing from the shore?
[signature]
It is. My family only fishes from there. We've tried a lot of the areas around the lake... Over by Scofield West, around the other side on the steep highway drop off... Inside the Dam bay on the big sandy shore line... The Dam bay back up by the outlet... and of coarse the two state parks.
Best fishing has come from the two state parks, atleast for us. I'll have to find some pictures from last year. Maybe my biggest Bow to date, too, a dandy 27"er I got out of the Mountain View area on powerbait.
[signature]
Thanks fuzzy for the report !! i have been waiting for that one =) looks like maybe memorial day weekend we can get in there finally !! if not im getting the snowmobile and dragging the flat bottom over to the lake =) that would make for a heck of a sled ride !! [angelic][laugh]
[signature]
Good to hear that you got into some fat bows .Did you happen to check the dam side of e-lake?
[signature]
well we were fishing by the rocks on the other side of the lake.. but we were fishing in 1 to 3 feet of water..

the water is real murky right now so the fish are pushing the minnows up on the shour and munching them..
[signature]
you know me and my buddy was just talking about hooking my 13 foot alum up to the sled and pulling it to the lake.. lol but it's only a 3 to 5 days now.. i think i can wait that long..

hey ocean: no looking at that side for me tell i get my boat in!! lol
inless i'm headed to joe's valley that is..
[signature]
How much snow is left up at huntington, I'm pretty sure there would still be a ton but I am just wondering what the condiitons are now. Any open water, it won't take long if this weather holds up.[Smile]
[signature]
awesome report fuzzy, nice to hear you are back.
[signature]
i heard yeasterday that a guy i know was up at huntington fishing yesterday.. so the spring holes up there in the ice must have got bigger. or the run off finley got strong enough to start braking it up.. . so if you like combat fishing you can try huntington any time now..
[signature]
Next time I will fish from the State Park then, I bet there are less people there anyway. Thanks
[signature]
So whats combat fishing??[pirate]
[signature]
combat fishing is when you have 25 guy's trying to fish in the same 25 foot hole in the ice.
[signature]
Whats the elevation at Huntington? What do you catch outa there?
[signature]
i think the elevation is around 10,000 feet but sure..
fishing for tiger's mostly but there are some cutt's in there as well..
[signature]
Wow, 10,000 feet is high, there should definitely be snow up there. Where abouts is this resevoir anyhow?
[signature]
I have caught some browns in there to.
[signature]