Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you like to see?
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Over the past few decades we have witness a lot of high tech advancement in the world of fly-fishing. Be it rods, reels, lines, waders, boots, vest, tubes you name it. What would [/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]you like to see to come out of the think tank down the road to help you enjoy the sport of fly-fishing even more?[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green] [/green][/size][/font]
[signature]
Zonker will agree with me on this one, Some kind of devise that packs up small enough for a pocket, that allowes one to take their own picture with fish[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there flygodess - since most cameras have a built in timer the trick is to get it focused on the fish and where you will be at the time the shutter is released. That might be harder than catching the fish itself. Since I always fish alone I would go for a gadget like you discribed. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I'm thinking a small light weight photo robot[laugh]
[signature]
Hey Flygoddess,

Never posted here before that I remember. Guess I'd better start reading.

Yeah, I agree with you. Something that makes self portraits easy and doable. Actually, I've been contemplating several possible configurations using extension poles. Just not sure if I'll send my camera for a swim in the experiments.

Here's a self portrait taken with an extended arm. There have to be better ways that don't make a dorky looking guy look even dorkier!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine]

zonker
[signature]
I would like to see fly tying material that would have the same apearence but float without fly floatant on it. It is nice to have a great big strike indicator that floats really well when nymphing so when you mend your line it pops right back to the surface. But when you try to mend line with a typical small dry fly it gets pulled under and never floats again until you dry it out with false casts. Not being that good at mending and casting at the same time I would appreciate a better floating dry fly.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there zonker and thanks for stopping by. Digital cameras are a bit too expensive to take out on a tube or while wading. Guess that one has to have a dedicated friend who just waits around to take your picture with the catch of the day.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hey Dryrod,

You're right about the expensive camera on a tube - to a point.

[cool]Actually, buying a water resistant camera, putting it on a lanyard around your neck and being very careful makes it fairly safe unless you're whole tube takes a dunking - in which case you have bigger problems than the state of your camera.

This great wisdom from a guy who, just last night, left his nice little 1 Gigabyte thumb drive in his pants pocket when he washed them. Halfway through the wash cycle I realized my mistake but it was too late. The wash finished, I carefully dried it out, stuck it into the USB port, and it worked like a charm. I don't want to press my luck but I guess not all electronic equipment dies in water.

zonker
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey zonker - well it could have been worse. It could have been your camera that you left in your pants. I have two digital cameras. Neither which I would dare taking out on the water. At a grand a piece I am not that anxious to take a photo of my catch. Usually I mix in a photo op when fishing. Never know what might be lurking around watching you fish.[Tongue]
[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]