Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle River
Current Conditions <br><br>Water flow in Avon is up around 100CFS with recent warm weather causing snow to melt. Flow in Gypsum is 215CFS. Water is clear to Colorado confluence. Most of river is locked with ice but where open water can be found the fishing has been good. Avon has most of open water.<br><br><br>14 -Day Forcast <br><br>Expect cold temperatures(5-30F) and clear skies in the mornings. Afternoons will be warmer with temperatures(30-50F). Best fishing has been mid-day.<br><br><br>Bugs Life <br><br>Midge larva are active. Stonefly imitations in sizes 8-12 are always a good bet on the Eagle! Cased caddis with bright green body and natural ostrich head in 14-16 are consistent producers.<br><br><br>Fly Patterns <br><br>NymphsTonguerince(14-18),Pheasant Tail(16-22),Olive and Grey RS2,Breadcrust(14-16)Biot Midges Olive,Grey and Black(18-20),Rubber Leg Twenty Incher(8-12), Halfback (8-12)(Mico-Eggs(16-18). Streamers:Conehead Olive and Black Buggers(4-12). <br><br>Today on the River <br><br>Today fishing was fast from noon till three. Princes(16-18), Copper Jonns(16-18) and Eggs(16-18). Several Browns from 12-14" were brought to net. Days highlight were a couple jumping rainbows in the one and a half pound range. Book a half day wade 800 595-8090 and give those weary ski mucles a rest! <br><br><br>Bill Perry<br>Fly Fishing Outfitters<br>P.O. Box 2861<br>Vail, CO. 81658<br>1-800-595-8090<br>
i gotta check this guy out if i ever get out this way<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
Will be in Vail for a week starting June 7th. Usually fish the Eagle through Minturn, near the confluence with Gore Ck., downstream from Gypsum and at the confluence with the Colorado. Have also fished what I think is Crooked Creek above Minturn. All these areas have been decent fishing in the past.<br><br>Although I fish a lot with ultralight and 2lb. line, I've learned heavier stuff (4 and 8 lb) is more sensible from Gypsum on down. <br><br>Hope the flows are still half decent by then. <br><br>