Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Wiper Tournament Results
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Team Division:[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]1st Place - BearLakeMack and theangler[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]total two fish length 45" and weight 9 lb 1 oz[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]2nd Place - SKEETER2 and Fishingal[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]total two fish length 43-1/4" and 7 lb 2 oz[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]3rd Place - Roads and bassrods[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]total two fish length 41" and 6 lbs 7 oz[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Individual Categories:[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Largest Walleye:[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]JesseBush[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]total length - 21" weight and 3.1 lbs[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Largest Wiper:[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]BearLakeMack[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]total length - 23.5" and 5.3 lbs[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
congrats to the winning duo.
i have another overdue fish for you BLM, so pm me and we will get it too you.
[signature]
I hereby name myself the winner of the catfish derby. I caught 41 and the largest 2 were right at 7 #'s. I wish there was a division for cats. Oh well, still had a blast.
[signature]
You caught 41 cats on Willard Saturday?
[signature]
Rich, I have a hunch that this was one of the most enjoyable posts that you have had the pleasure of making on BFT? Way to get-ur-done![Smile]
[signature]
I would like to thank everyone involved with the wiper tourney, from the organizers to the participants, what a success. BLM and theangler great job on the win. i am already looking forward to next year sign me up already.

thanks for a great time......

Mike
[signature]
BLM dude! You rock so dang hard in organizing this shigdig so successful that I would have to say I am impressed! You have made it so successful that it would be embedded for a long time to come. I would say it ran real smooth, of course some feathers got ruffled over some minor details but all in all it looks great! I wouldn't be surprised if the newspapers and TV reporters covered this event in the years ahead.

This tournament was rather hard because we only caught 4 wipers and a walleye which I was not used to the low numbers. Normally when I am out on the pond, numbers run high in the 10-30 wipers a day. I was really confident in pulling in high numbers but not this time. BLM upon our conversation and the like, I was humbled, to say the least. I will take this to my grave[Wink] and keep a journal of the dates, time of year, and tactics etc.

BLM, also per se our conversation, you made a whole lot of sense in the wipers' behavioral instincts, and their location at the time of the year. You prolly know I majored in Behavorial Science and studying of the behavior of people, can also apply to fish and their working knowledge. It's all clicking right in its place now to me. It's a challenge to get into the fish's mind LOL[Tongue]

Got a favor to ask... it might be a lot of trouble but would be nice to see the overall report of every team in this tournament. I am sure others would want to see it too.
[signature]
Congratulations Rich and Mike great win and to all the others that placed, way to go.
I was looking at the amount of money that the [url "http://www.utahfishingevents.com/faq.html"]first place team[/url] won with the largest wiper added in, that is a nice chunk of money. It seems to me that in most cases, maybe not all, the team that wins the tournament will always win the largest wiper pot. Who knows for sure what will happen next year but it seems to me that it would be better to spread the money around and give someone else a chance at winning some cash. I like Lunkerhunter2 idea of giving a prize for the largest catfish but since there is such a large population of smallmouth and crappie in Willard, I would think the contestants for next year should decide what the third big fish should be. I know there are a lot of bass fishermen on this site so I was thinking it might add a little more interest in next years contest. It seems that a point was made this year by having a walleye big fish winner, so adding one more species of big fish would be a good idea and it would gives others a chance to get in on the fun. This would mean taking away the biggest wiper prize but like I said the prize for the team with the two best wipers is a huge chunk of money anyway.
I would like to hear what others think about this idea.
[signature]
I would like to say thanks to everyone who organized and put this tournament together!! My nephew Jesse was so so happy to take first place with the largest Walleye, it is an experience he will never forget I'm sure. It was a great time and I am already looking forward to next year. Once Again THANK YOU!![Smile][Smile]
[signature]
[Smile]John I was really tickled to see a youngster win the pot for the largest Walleye, there were alot of us out there that spend alot of time and money fishing those "Eyes" and to see a young man win that trophy was great. Have a great day and hope to see you on the water soon. [Wink]
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=iconoclasticPaul;"][#000000][size 1]iconoclasticPaul [/size][/#000000][/url] said about the overall standings.Are they gonna posted? It would be nice to know how everyone did. [Wink]
[signature]
Hello Guys,
Yes, we are working on posting overall standings and would like to post them with team pictures but need your help. Guys please go to the page below and reply to the photo's in the gallery with the names of each person you know in the pictures. This will help us put together the photo's with the winners list:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/534"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/534[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Sure wish I coulda made it! Sounds like it was a great time had by all! We need to get something like that organized in my part of the world... the upper midwest. Only, we don't have Wipers... we have Northern Pike, Walleye, LMB and SMB, crappies, and carp to name a few species.
[signature]
Any progress in posting the overall standings pictures or not?
[signature]