Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell Fishing
I got back Sat. 5/20 from a great four day fishing trip at Lake Powell. We were based on a houseboat in Bullfrog Bay. According to wayneswords it isn't the best part of the lake to catch stripers and that proved to be true, but the houseboat was free so I can't complain.
Caught a couple of stripers but mostly big and small bass, crappie, walleye, and cats. The carp were boiling in the shallows like crazy.
It was quite warm down there, and taking a dip in the water was refreshing.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'll be launching out of Bullfrog in a week.
[signature]
Glad you had a good time! I'll be headed that way the 9th of June for 10 days or so. Think I'll launch at Wahweap and head up-lake to find a few fat fish.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Did you move out of Bullfrog Bay (like Halls or Moki)?
[signature]
Yea, we did a little fishing at Halls, Moki, and Hanson. Look for some rock piles. Very few places with reeds or vegetation, but when you do you can catch some bass. Moki wall is suppose to be good for stripers in the early morning, but we always woke up to late to give it a good try.
[signature]
I have had luck at moki canyon.To bad you didnt get into a ton of stripers.I will be heading to powell in june hopefully i have some good luck there.
[signature]
next time motor up canyon to buey #110 fergeson canyon.... fish the big wall to the south of flaoting monument. shhhhhh.
[signature]
How long of a drive is it down ther?
[signature]
well bull frog is buey 65. so 50 miles or so. 1 hr in a 454 mirrage.
[signature]
Must be my memory .... I was remembering Bull Frog to be around marker 93????
[signature]
maybee its my memory???? just use a 3rd of a anchovy with a # 6 eagle claw snelled hook and a #7 split shot 10 inches above the hook. park boat right tight to wall.
[signature]
Do you mean forgotten canyon/ Never heard of Ferguson Canyon...but you never know.
[signature]
FYI: Bullfrog is mile marker 95 not 65.
[signature]
I was talking from Clearfield. But thanks anyway.
[signature]