Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 5-20, Late Report
I hit lake X in my toon again on Saturday. I launched from the rockcliff arm at 6:30 a.m. I was throwing crankbaits and I caught 5 smallies by 11:00. The fishing just came to a dead stop at that time, up until then I had quite a few hits and lost a couple fish, my biggest smallie was around 3 lbs. No pics this time because I was by myself.[Sad] The water temp got up to 62 degrees when i left, I thought the smallies would have been more active. In the morning there were fish splashing right next to the bank, If I could cast right into shore and not snag trees or rocks I seemed to get a fish or at least a hit. But they quit doing this as soon as the sun came up.
One cool thing happened on Saturday that will probably never happen again. I hooked into a fish and began to reel him in when all of a sudden my line jerked hard and became even heavier, It took my quite a while to reel in the fish but when I finally got him up to my toon I was suprised, I had caught TWO smallies on ONE cast on ONE lure. One was hooked on the back hook and the other was hooked on the front hook. It was unreal. Both of the smallies were nice fish as well!![Smile] I figure that this will never happen again!!![Tongue] Anybody else been having any luck up there yeat, I talked to two guys in aboat that had been there since 6:00 and they had oly had one fish on. Seems like fishing is still pretty slow.
[signature]