Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle on 5/23
Went up to Jordanelle on Tuesday with Chuck (that walleye guy) Pretty slow and a little chilly (mostly cloudy)... Hooked up on this 5 lb brown just before lunch and that was it for me besides a bite or two. Chuck ended up with a couple three Rainbows and a couple of Smallies.
That's a nice brown you hooked into. The nelle sure seems to hold some really nice browns. I wish gas wasn't so expensive....[pirate]
[signature]
that was a pretty nice brown, gave a good fight also. have you made up your mind yet, wall or pan. talk to you later chuck
[signature]
Hey Chuck, I think I will eat him, but I may throw a couple bucks at a replica... All I need is a couple of pictures and a girth measurement.... Next time I will snap a couple of shots and throw em' overboard (big fish only) I like to eat the little ones. Good luck on Sunday (with the people and the traffic), because I'm sure you’ll hook up.
[signature]
How long was the 5 lber? And is that it in the picture?

[signature]
He's pushing 22" (attached photo) and I'm pushing 6' 6"
[signature]
gotta resize that avatar. it's way too big and smooshes the board down too small.

By the way, welcome to BFT! [cool]
[signature]
Yeah, I thought it was a little big... thanks
[signature]
It's a nice 22 inch brown, but I've caught a lot of 22 inch plus browns especially this year...and I haven't found any 22 inchers over 3 lbs.

Did you have a scale with you, or was it just a guesstimate?

Still darn nice fish...

[signature]
Used Chucks digital rapala scale. Not sure how accurate they are, but this is the heaviest brown I have ever caught (I know thats not saying much).

I feel more at home in a stream or river than I do on a lake, but I'm learning (can't wait for my new boat). Just from my own personal experience and personal notes, I can say that a 20" river brown weighs a lot less than a 20" lake brown.

The one fish I have dreams about catching are the tiger muskies. I really hope to post one of those on the site this year. I'll take my brown as a teaser for the tiger I hope to catch.
[signature]
It was a very fat fish for the length, looked like it had just chowed down on something pretty good sized, the belley was bulging to one side when he first came in the boat. later chuck
[signature]
Thats a pretty fish Gary! I think I might of got him mounted, I really like that hat your wearing[sly] So what boat did you decide on? I'm still thinking of going down to vegas at the boat place you where telling me about still need more begging the wife!!
Laterz. Wayne
[signature]