Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams Lake <Spokane, Washington>
We arrived at this lake at about 8 am. We rented a boat for $37.00 for the entire day complete with motor. It was quite windy out and slight bursts of light rain.

We trolled up and down the NW coast across the way from the resort with a Wedding Ring and a Double Whammy. We had been at it for a little over an hour with no action. A couple fellow fisherman asked us how we were doing and told us of a lure to use. They asked us to meet them over by the dock and they gave us 2. I wish I would have gotten their names but they were in a hurry. Thanks guys you made our day!!!

Within 10 minutes of tying on these new lures my wife landed a fish. Not of great size, about 11 inches. It seemed the trolling was only working one way, with the wind. So i sped up and got us back to our starting position, then I landed a fish, about the same size. My wife caught 2 more run after run.

It was also nice to see a game warden making sure everyone was legal.

We trolled a bit more with a few bites but we were not able to land anything.

Klinks Resort is a great place, they are very professional and thier dock hands are really helpful. When we first took the boat out I killed the motor to fish at a certain spot, for the life of me I couldnt get that motor fired back up. So we rowed back over to the main docks and one of the kids working there got us roaring again. My wifes arms will be hurting tomorrow. She unfortunatly was in the rowing seat.

I would recommend this lake to anyone that wishes to catch thier limit relatively fast. I didnt see anyone without fish. This lake has fishing docks, rowboats, motorboats, and really nice rental cabins. The only problem with this place are the jetskiers and speedboaters who showed time and time again they have no regard for other users of the lake.

[url "http://www.klinksresort.com/"]http://www.klinksresort.com/[/url]
[signature]
Another decent fishing day at this lake. Had a chance to eat at the resorts restaurant today and was very impressed. The servers and cooks are awesome and there is always friendly fishing conversation.

I ended up catching a 13.5"-14" cutthroat trout and my wife caught a Rainbow before we were completely rained out. In 3 hours of fishing we had accumulated 3" of rain in the bottom of the boat.

I am going to keep going to this lake with the reports of 4 pound rainbows and cutthroats. Havent seen any people catching any bass or perch or pictures on the wall of fame. There are alot of weedbeds so I'll try to hit those parts of the lake in the coming weeks.
[signature]