Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Report 5/30
Hit Jordanelle this morning with fishcrazy. We had a good time. Fishcrazy was nice enough to let us use his boat. He is a great guy to fish with. We only caught two fish, but one of them was a 22 inch 5 pound brown trout. The other was a smallmouth. Both, interestingly enough, were caught on spinnerbaits. Both were released.

It was a good trip. The water temperatures varied from 53 to 59 degrees. We had a hard time finding actively feeding fish consistently. We both missed several bites, but the fish didn't seem to be taking anything hard. It was good fishing, tough catching, and hopefully the Nelle will be turning on soon.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I caught a nice brown on Monday as well, I think the smallmouths have slowed down with the cooler weather. It looks like the weather is going to get hot again this week, maybe the smallies will get going again. I need to get myself a boat[unsure].
[signature]
Just curious as to what part of the lake the brown was caught?

Nice fish!!
[signature]
It was in a canyon off the main lake before getting to Rock Cliffs.
[signature]
Thanks, not sure where that is, but I landed a similar fish just east of the damm along the east shoreline.
[signature]