Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This new advertising link thingy
[size 1]Sorry folks but I have to protest about this new advertising link policy.
I logged on to the board tonight to show my wife our posting and your esteemed input, only to find the word [/size][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=264643;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#"][green][size 1]FISHING[/size][/green][/url][size 1] in [#ff4040]MY[/#ff4040] post highlighted and underscored. Upon clicking on this text we were directed to some advertisement.
I am not in the least happy with this new and sudden change.
The idea of someone being able to advertise any product, affiliation, club or ideal by means of a link without consent to any of the words I have typed, submitted and am responsible for is to say the least, disturbing to me .
If BFT is that desperate for cash, I would be more than happy to contribute money to thid great and informative site, as are many other members to be sure.
This new feature on BFT will surely keep me away from posting here.
Not a good addition at all!

-ABT- [/size]
[signature]
Received your Email regarding the key word pop up advertising beta test on the site. Here's my 2 cents opinion. When I read the text of the post sometimes I use my cursor as a pointer when reading long close together paragraphs. This creates the pop ups, which I am not a fan, on the key words and makes it difficult to read. It becomes distracting and a big annoyance. The colored key words are also distracting when reading without touching the cursor. Not everyone knows to click on the key words to get the ad. Sometimes if it is not broken don't fix it is the best option. I am sure there are other ways to fix the slow loading problems you have been having.
Good luck and continued success on your site.
Fishslayer23
[signature]
Hey fishslayer, you should stop using your cursor as a reading aide. I prefer to use a Magic Marker. The only drawback is that I have to clean the screen too often.[cool]
[signature]
You are right. You can only access the log out through the home page. When you do that, you need to log back in the next time you come back to the site.

See you Sunday.[cool]
[signature]