Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TROLLING BATTERY
Good Morning I am a bit Confused. I recently purchased a motorguide thurster T34, 12 volt trolling motor. i was wondering if anybody can suggest a good economical trolling motor battery that will hold up for a good amount of time. thanks in advance!!![crazy]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You will need a "deep cycle" battery. Get the biggest and best you can afford, because if you run your motor all day on a lesser battery you are likely to find yourself a long way from your vehicle when the battery runs out of juice.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]These batteries are especially made for boating operation, because they are going to be drained between charges and can take that kind of use. Other batteries will weaken and fail if you run them to the bottom before recharging.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The Trojan line is highly regarded among electric motor users but there are a lot of good ones on the market. To get a good battery you will probably have to pay somewhere from $75 and up. Figure over $100 for the better models. This is one area that you usually get what you pay for. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
A Sears Die Hard is a good one, and they're on sale for about $60 now.
Wal Mart sells one for closer to $40, but I've heard of some failures, like cracked cases, with them. "Course, I've heard of some failures with some of the better batteries too.
Save some money out for a good charger, one with a tapering charge. A good charger and a cheap battery will get you by, but a cheap charger and a good battery won't.
[signature]