Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So How Many?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][purple][size 3]How many fish or flies do you loose on an outing and is it trees, bushes, tubes[Wink], or fish?[/size][/purple][/font]
[signature]
I avarage about half a dozen a trip. Usully snaging something on the bottom. Good to see your still Kickin flygoddess have seen you post for a while

Trent
[signature]
Thanks maddawg, Been a crazy summer so far. Was guiding up at the lodge on a moments notice last week end. Got home and prceeded to pull old siding off and replace with insulation and new siding. WHAT A JOB. Playing tonight & tomorrow at the Barbary Coast for our big blow out birthday parties.
[signature]
That and your ID and good to go.
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Maybe a couple. Not on hang ups - but more so on being clumsy. Big fingers are not to adapt at handling those little buggers. To prevent that I use my forceps now to hold the shank while I do my thing.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I occassionally have a fish break me off but not very often. I usually loose enough flies otherwise to keep a fresh knot tied. How I loose them depends on how I am fishing, nymphing=snaggs, dry flys = trees, bushes, grass, clothing, dogs, bats, fellow fishermen, etc,.
[signature]
I used to count on loosing about a dozen. But I spend more time retreiving them than I used to. I keep thinking that if I was time retrieving the ones I can I will become a more precise and better fisherman. Has not happened though.
[signature]
I don't want to talk about how I lose..the log on says it all..LOL [Wink]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I usually loose a couple fish(probably due to my own actions) and as many flies on an average outing. Because I do fly fish a lot of small streams that have heavy brush cover and overhanging trees, that is the place that generally gets my dry flies. Waterlogged surface or submerged wood snagged up in the current also get a share of my subsurface flies. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It used to be far worse as far as decorating trees. However, over time, I developed tools, techniques and methodologies to avoid a good deal of those frustrations so that even though I still donate a couple, the numbers are more acceptable now.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Last weekend I went out I lost at least 8 or 9 flies. Mostly nymphs that got hung up on the bottom or snags. But like Fishhound, I too fish a lot of smaller streams with lots of brush and trees. I tend to lose a lot of flies that way to. In fact I lost two on the same branch, one right after the other. The spot looked too good to pass up.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I plan on fly-fishing 10 straight days next month. Do you think UPS will make deliveries stream side?[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
A friend of mine recently spent a month in the Sierras (I know, life's rough right?) And he didn't beleive me when I told him how many flies he should take with him. Well, he almost got as many as I reccomended and ran out of the ones that were really working and nearly ran out of the rest trying to see if they would work.
[signature]