Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dargons Pond Channel Catfish Rodeo Results!
The South Carolina DNR sponsored a channel catfish tournament for kids today and I thought i'd post some of the results. There were prizes for smallest fish, largest fish, and total weight of up to three fish. I had the pleasure of attending the tournament and entering my son Mike into it.

My son Mike WON in the Total weight catagory, and only lost by a single ounce to our neighboring compitition in the largest fish catagory. Here are some of the pictures:

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16446;]

Mike waiting for a bite while the crowd looks on.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16447;]

This guy won a rod during a raffle, isn't he cute?

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16448;]

These girls tied for smallest fish.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16449;]

Mike with his winning catch.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16450;]

The young man on the left won the largest fish catagory, and was second in over all weight. Mike, on the right, won over all total weight catagory.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16451;]

Mike (sailfish4me) with one last shot of his catch. The South Carolina DNR did a great job of organizing this event. For more information about up and comming events, PM me or keep a look out on this forum as I keep up to date info posted. [cool]
[signature]
Now that looks like fun!

Congrates!
[signature]
It was great! To me, the kids tourney's are way more fun than the adult ones i've entered. No drama, no stress, just kids having a great time. I'm looking foward to taking him back to that tourney again next year. [cool]
[signature]
June 2, 2007 this event will kick off again! I'm excited about taking my son back to this event, it was a great time. I look foward to seeing anyone out there who can make it!

It will be held at Dargans Pond in Florence, SC off of Hwy 327.[cool]
[signature]
Good job on the coaching and photography.

Congrats to Sailfish4me for following Dads footsteps. Way to go.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile]
[signature]
Hey there guys and gals. I wanted to bring this post back to the top because the 2007 Kids fishing rodeo is this Saturday, June 2nd at 9am. I would suggest arriveing around 8am just to get situated and set up. It's going to be a great time and I hope to see some of you out there! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Good luck@!
[signature]
How much do you want to bet that sailfish4me sweeps the event again??[Wink]
[signature]
I wish......................The rain ruined the Tournament. And since it was a DNR sponsored event, it's not going to be resceduled. I guess becuase so few kids showed up, they decided to make it a "fishing event" instead of a "tournament." We only had a pole in the water for a few minutes before the rain kicked in. The fish weren't even hungry. Better luck next time I guess. [unimpressed] I'll post a full report with a couple picks tonight. I didn't get many pictures because I didn't want to get my camera wet. LOL
[signature]