Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco question for BLM or RNL
Do you know if the cisco can still be caught this coming weekend at the Rock pile? WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Ya, you probably could get a few. This last weekend would of been better but I'd bet you could still get some. What's the worst that could happen? You could go up there, try for cisco and not get many and be forced to go fish. Now the fishing might not be gang busters but you can still get fish. I'd go...[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#122629][size 3]Thought I’d relay a little information about Bear Lake from this last weekend. I talked to a few of my friends who fished the Bear Saturday and the reports were pretty consistent. Jigging for cisco is tapering down pretty fast. They were several boats on the rock pile getting a few ciscos but no great numbers reported. Sounds like this next weekend could be non-existent for cisco. [/size][/#122629][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][#122629] [/#122629][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#122629][size 3]The fishing was pretty slow but there were a few fish being caught. One of my friends caught a few cutthroat; one going about 5 lbs. Also a few whitefish were being caught. There were also a few macks caught. My friend talked to some guys at the marina that caught one about 15 lbs. Another boat had a 6-7 lb fish with them. So take it from there.[/size][/#122629][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info BLM, it might just depend on how the weather is or should I say how the wind is. WH2
[signature]
Sounds like they're thinning out on the Rock Pile. When you're yanking a treble hook through the water to snag them, they obviously need to be pretty thick to get them with any consistency. There will be a few Cisco hanging around the Rock Pile clear until the end of February, but not in numbers where you can count on snagging them. They will however bite something small, so you may want to try that. Small spoons, micro jigs, ice flies, scuds, etc. If you find the right lure, you may be able to catch your limit in a short time.
[signature]
Thanks RHL for the ideas, we always catch a few in the mouth every year. If the weather is good, I'll try some of the bait bugs that TD mades, they are small and maybe a couple of trout will hit them also. WH2
[signature]
I've seen the color yellow (not chartreuse) entice them when other colors would not.
[signature]
I have cought several whites and some NICE cutts useing the same tear drops that I use up at pineview for perch,Yellow dose seem to be the ticket, they must represent all them eggs down there??MuskyHunter
[signature]
Do you need to tip the jigs with anything to catch cisco or just drop the bare teardrop jig down there?
[signature]
I either use a waxworm or a small piece of cisco!!M.H.
[signature]