Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do?
Anyone that fishes the local waters and beyond notice a change in productivity when the rain turns on for a few days. I know I can go to the local rivers and not get a bite for days after a hard rain; even when the water table wasn't effected.

What is your remidy for this "rainy weather" blues? Do you not waste your time going fishing? Do you have a tactic that still catches fish after the rains? Inquiring minds want to know![cool]

I'm about to head out to the Pee Dee here in a few minutes, I'll make sure and post what I did and if it worked or not. I'm curious to hear what everyone else does during a slow rainy days bite to pick up the action.
[signature]
Well, the rain was no friend on this trip. The panfish were scarce and that meant we were short on live bait for cats. The current had slowed down considerably in the little pee dee, and that didn't help either.

My usual spot is under a bridge, and generally, if there is enough current, gar and muds won't hang out. But if the water slows down, the gar and bowfin move right on in.

I figured that the water would've been up if anything, but I suppose they are fiddling with the dam on the big pee dee, thus effecting the water level on the little pee dee.

We still managed to hang a couple small flatheads, even with foul conditions. They were small but fun. We could have caught bowfin all day on cut bait if we wanted, but we decided to go after the cats despite the possibility of landing high numbers of muds.

I think when the air temp finally hits in the high 80's and stays there, and the rainy seasons passes by, fishing will stablize.
[signature]