Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Colorado Angler of the Year
[size 2]Hello Colorado Anglers,
We have decided to start a bit of friendly competition on the BFT Colorado Boards and start an annual BFT Colorado Angler of the year Contest. The winner will receive $400 in Sportsman's Warehouse Gift Certificates, a trophy, and a BFT Apparel Package.

Since this is the first year the contest is open to suggestions for next year but will be pretty simple this year.

Basically starting today (until someone wins or Dec. 31 2006 whichever comes first) the first angler who takes and posts a photograph with each of the following Colorado Fish (must be caught in Colorado) wearing anything with the BigFishTackle.Com logo on it will win. Because we want fish that are not going to be harvested to experience as little shock as possible the fish just has to be recognizable it does not have to be measured. If you prefer you can take a picture of the fish still in the water as long as it is hooked, recognizable and we can see the logo. All partcipants must be a registered member of bft (its free)

If you do not have anything with a bft logo simply email mgh@bigfishtackle.com with your address and let me know you need something with the logo on it and we'll send you out a free patch and sticker. Further our moderator and myself are planning several fishing trips this year were we will bring free t-shirts, hats, patches, etc... Watch for posts on this board and we'll let you know how to take advantage of this.

I am sure I left some info out so please feel free to post questions here.

The official Species List is:
Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Spotted Bass
Wiper
White bass
Walleye
Saugeye
Northern Pike
Tiger Muskie
Crappie (white or black)
Yellow Perch
Channel Catfish
Bullhead
Carp
Rainbow Trout
Brown Trout
Brook Trout
Cutthroat Trout (Any subspecies)
Lake Trout
Grayling
Kokanee Salmon

Pictures should be posted (replied) to this thread or on the photo gallery at [/size][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/"][#0000ff][size 2]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/[/size][/#0000ff][/url][size 2] (if you post them in the photo gallery post a link here to the photo.) Each post should be titled by your entry (i.e. species 1 of 21, species 2 of 21, species 3 of 21, etc...)

Let the games begin.[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Now those cutthroats you are holding in your avatar are certainly big and strange looking. Must be mutants.
[signature]
LOL! I was fishing the nuclear power plant when I landed those, they're actual rainbow trout[Wink][Wink][Wink][Sad]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
You ought to have a contest like this on the Utah board. Just a suggestion.[Wink]
[signature]
Hello Prince Fisher,
You should PM Petty, Tubedude or BearLackMack if they'll run it, we;ll get the prize pool started.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I think I won!!
[signature]
Way to go Don! We'll be starting the '07 soon, lets hope we see a bit more activity.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I agree on more activity. Give me a call as I have some ideas for tweaking the rules a little to encourage more participation.
[signature]