Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Cliffs log dodge 6-9
Hit lake X for my first time since ice out. It was a downpour all the way up and when I arrived at Rock Cliffs at 8:45 AM. Waited in my car until the rain subsided a bit, then ventured out to cast from shore. I got bit a couple times, missed them, and finally the rain slowed enough to launch the tube. Before the next storm blew in I got a few smallies mainly using stickbaits. No monsters but a few decent ones. It was very tough though due to the amount of floating debris in the water. I found it hard to work baits in some areas as I would have liked. Another storm then hit and turned off the bite. It finally blew over, but the fish never really got going again, although I was able to get a couple more. Left at 1 PM. The water temps were only 59-60 degrees, so it sounds like the Hailstone side is warmer (no surprise). The water level is as high as I have ever seen it. RC will get better, but other areas of Jordanelle may be better right now. Watch out for the floating wood if you go out and good luck.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like you and I were fishing different lakes together yesterday. I went to Willard and got thoroughly wind-blowed and rain-soaked. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sometimes Mother Nature can be a real mother.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Too bad about all the debris. That can really put a crimp in the fishing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]