Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A most idyllic day ever! Jordanelle, the crowning jewel of the Utah fishing...
The headlines says it all.... after some of the most violent weather the past three days, I was hestitant to waste money on a willard trip, because the eyes and wipers tend to be affected by the weather. So it's off to Jordanelle, where it was the most fun saturday in memory. Totally got into smallies everywhere I went in the main section. I didn't get any in the rockcliff arm, but in the north end, whoa! Those smallies have gotten really big and healthy. I lost count after catching 30 of them.

I was doing the wacky dance with the senkos, and her majesty gave me all she had. What a long beautiful day fishing from 11 am to 8 pm. The weather was perfect, the cloud cover was minimal, nothing major, and the sun setting over the mountian as I bushwacked a 23 and half inch smallie as my final fish before heading home in the shadows of the mountians. I can't wait to fish again....
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I really gotta get up there. I'll bet that 23 1/2 inch smallie took you for a ride! About how much did she weigh?
[signature]
Wow! I had also figured with the weather the fish would be in a negative mood...shows what I get for thinking! Shoulda headed to the nelle.
[signature]
Oh they all fight very hard... they didn't want to come up to the surface. That 23 and half was the toughest one, tried to wind the line near my motor, but I thought better of it. LOL 23 and half went 5.2 pounds. I suspect they are eating up all the chubs and suckers, because I didn't even catch one of those trash fish yesterday like I always tend to run into them. Smallies are eating them up and putting on weight.
[signature]
Sounds like a nice fish . Hope you took a pic .
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]A 23 1/2" smallmouth is listed as the current C&R record...held by Bassrods. Nice fish and good report.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Really?! It never did occur to me that it would be tied for state record... I thought the state record was bigger than that but catch nd release? Now, that is something else! Holy crap, I knew it was a big smallie and took out my measuring tape and it came to 23 and half inches long, and since the regs said all fish over 12 inches must be released so it's still swimming around.

BTW- my hookset was so strong that the barb went through its nose, I couldnt safely remove it without injuring it, I cut the hook in half and pulled it out. No problems![cool]
[signature]
How do you wacky rig senkos? do you just hook them through the middle or do you use a small plastic O ring? Sounds like a great trip, I love the fight smallies put up? What was the water temps? and how deep were the fish holding?
[signature]
Man I'm jelous we just got back,and we didn't get 1 fish,had a few on but it wasn't the trip I expected.
Paul can you show us how you rig your wacky rig and the depth you where fishing would help too.\
thanks for any info
fnf[cool]
[signature]