Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns Lake
Hi all..

I hit up Browns Lake last Tues afternoon, its more like a large pond really. I had only fished there once previously and that was from shore and did pretty well. Was a nice sunny 80 degrees for a change here in North Central PA.

The lake has alot of Bluegill and Bass and an occasional Pickerel. Most of the Bass that I have caught have been on a Carolina Rig with a Lizard on it...I did switch over to a Strike King Bleeding Bait Tube unweighted later in the afternoon and did just as well on topwater walkin the dog with it. I landed 8 Bass and only lost 2.

I didn't catch much with alot of size but the standard around these parts seems to be right in the 12" to 15" range with the occasional monster mixed in.

Here are the pics I took....

[Image: 06110003.jpg]

[Image: 06060001.jpg]

[Image: 06060002.jpg]

[Image: 06060003.jpg]

[Image: 06060004.jpg]

[Image: 06060005.jpg]

[Image: 06060006.jpg]

[Image: 06060007.jpg]

[Image: 06060008.jpg]

The wife came along after she was finished work and brought the kids. I had her take a cpl of shots of me and the craft on the water...

[Image: boat1.jpg]

[Image: boat2.jpg]

On another note...I took the kids to a fishing derby last weekend which was hosted in part by the local Bass Anglers Club. I got talking to a cpl of the fellows and was invited to join as they are looking for Backseaters. So it looks like quite a few of my Saturdays will be fishing tournaments if I so choose. I think the experience will be invaluable and I hope to learn a great deal. I can remember only a few years ago I was fishing with a bobber and a worm.

Bass season opens here next Sat the 17th and I plan to fish the first tourny on Sun.

Lastly I have been lurking and not replying to some of the posts so I at the very least wanted to say nice reports as of late to TubeDude, Zonker, ABT and smallmouth89.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report and nice pics. Glad Mama Nature is settling down a bit and that you can get on the water. That is a nice lookin' fishin' pond.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It is good that you have the opportunity to fish as a non-boater. You will learn a lot that you can make use of when tubing too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you like our other reports too. Keep on keepin' on.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sweet! Looks like it was a gorgeous day to be on the water hauling 'em in.
[signature]
Bassguy,

Great photo spread. If you've read my posts you know I like lots of pics. Looks like you had a great day on the water.

That's a nice looking toon you have there. Looks like you put it to good use. Thanks for the report. Give us a report anytime you get out. We like fishin' with you when we aren't fishin'.

zonker
[signature]