Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Books/videos are out there for me?
Hi guys,
I know a little about fishing tactics but not much. I am freshwater fishing from the shore only for crappie, bass, catfish, saugeye, and sunfish mainly. I would like to have a better shot at catching some fish because the last few times I went out I didn't even get a nibble. So are there any books or videos about freshwater fishing from shore? I couldn't find any. If you could help me out that would be great!

Winchester1897
[signature]
Welcome

When I first got back into it, I used two books. One was a BSA publication which I found to be of little help. However, I really liked an encyclopedia of fishing book that was available at my local library.
[signature]
Welcome to the bigfishtackle message boards Winchester1897!

Actually, there are many books that offer some great knowledge, for a reasonable price. I bought the books that Walmart carries titled:

1. offshore fishing
2. inshore fishing
3. panfish
4. bassfishing
5. striped bass fishing
6. catfishing

All five of those books I purchased at Walmart in the sporting goods section. Know this, those books are loaded with info and cost about 15 bucks a piece. They take you through the rigs with color photo's and real life stratagies that really work. As much as I know about fishing, I still learn from those books everytime I read them.
[signature]