Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pine view bassin... ye haww..
hit the view last night with my pops in our tubes.... we fished a new area that we have never fished.... and i must say... wow!!! we didnt catch very many fish... but they were all big...i didnt know there were good numbers of really big bass in there..... but i was o so wrong...

any way.. we were skeptical of the new spot seing as how we never hear reports from this area.. but hey.. it looked awsome....

so i started pitching 4inch watermelon green lizards.. after about a half hour of this i was starting to wonder why my favorite bass plastic wasnt working.. until i landed my first fish... a 2 1/2lb largie!!! yay i usually catch maybe 5 largies up there a year... so i dehooked her and sent her on her way.....

after another 10 minutes of pitching plastics with no success.... so i went to the trusty chart & white spinnerbait....first cast.. bam.. another largie..i was stoked!! this one was the same size!!! sent this on on its way as well...

so i paddled across the small bay we were fishing to check how my pops was doing... i got halfway across when he started hollerin... he had a 4 lb smallie on.... he landed it as i was pullin up.... nice fish....
5 minutes later..boom he had another one the same size!!! he wound up catching 4 smallies all from 3-4lbs!!! he was using just a plain white spinnerbait with a gold blade...

so its getting late and we are kinda paddling and casting to cover as we paddle back... when i cast between two patches of willow bushes.... whack.. a tiger explodes on my spinnerbait.. doing a freakin flip out of the water!!! it was on for maybe 3 seconds.. and it came off... my father quickly casts his bait in the same area... the same fish explodes on his bait... he landed the cute little 28inch tiger.....
the funny thing was .... when he went to release it... he dropped the fish when it started to freak out in his hands... and when it landed it bolted!!! not down.. but straight forward... straight at him!!! and whoop right UP THE INSIDE OF HIS SHORTS LEG!!!!!!

scared the crap out of him.... funniest damn thing i have ever seen was the look on his face... all he could think about was that fish giving him a second visectomy[pirate]... ouch...

all in all an awsome day... even though i got skooled by my pops.. ahhaaha
JOe
[signature]
Thanks for the report... Sounds like a blast.
[signature]
Wow!!!! Sounds like a little more excitement than i want with a tiger in my shorts!!![crazy][crazy][crazy] Nice report.
[signature]