Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge June 10-06..Hail YES
Dan and I took off for the big lake early with Marcus (my buddies 16 yo son in tow). Since we were not in the derby we just went for Kokes to see if sockeyeslayer taught me anything. He did, he taught me not to fish in weather like this.

[inline "fishing june 10 06 001.jpg"]

Or this.
[inline "fishing june 10 06 002.jpg"]

Or this.

[inline "fishing june 10 06 003.jpg"]

The weather sucked until about 11:00 when the sky's cleared and it quit hailing, blowing and raining.
We ran north for the daylight bite and got one off the flyline (surface) on a glow squid behind a pink/silver sling. We got bupkiss for the next two hours and ran south to the magic triangle. Trolled just east of Swim and west of the draw and picked up 12 or so. Once we had the school on the GPS the rest was easy, except dodging the other boats that saw us consintantly hook up. Things got slow around 1 so we left since I'd been up since Friday morning. Got them on various things with nothing seeming to any do better than the other except the magic orange (ask sockeyeslayer) you might be able to buy one soon. I copied his, he didn't give me one.
The one thing I did try and it did catch 1 fish was to hang a bleeding Tuna hook 6" off the back of squid with a fake corn nugget attached.
Overall fishing was slow compared to last weekend, but, it was just me and Dan. Given another 12 years we just might get this Koke thing figured out.

IFG
Looks like a sweet fishing trip in that you didnt have a lot of pesty fish to deal with. [Wink]

Good to hear the Kokes are will to pester a feller now and then..

Way ta,,,
[signature]
Looks a little tough Scott! Still wish I could have tagged along for the ride.
[signature]
Now that's dedication! I would rather spend a dail in "hail" than at my desk at work though! [Smile]

Thanks for the report, and good job guys!
[signature]
that was a stormy stretch of weather! i was there through it all! luckily i wasnt on the water during the hail storm. fishing was a little tougher, probably because of the storms. but, we did manage to get a few. glad to hear you got some too!
[signature]