Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musky Huntin!
Cadresults and myself hit pineview at 4:15 yesterday out of Cemetary Point and headed for the holes.
We started off with Jason getting an explosion within oh 20 minutes fallowed by another smaller one soon after.
We fished the next 2 1/2 hours without so much as a how-do-you-do. Then it was on! I started off with a fat 16" smallie fallowed by another nice one. Then Jason had 2 fallows by the toothed critters and hooked up on one and had it within inches of the net before it decided we were way too ugly. It was a solid 35"er. Not but 3 minutes later, he had a huge(i am guessing high 40's) explode from some shaded cottonwoods but it missed. After the wake crew slowed down the fishing got better and we missed around 5 muskies and 6 or 7 smallies. All total it was 2 solid musky hookups, 10 false hookups, 6 or 7 smallies in the boat and many misses and some heart medicine for Jason. LOL!![Wink] I think he had a good time even though he didn't boat one. I sure had a good time fishing with him and teaching him how the tigers work their magic. Looking forward to fishing with him again soon.
They are calling for heavy winds today so i think i will stay home and get some things done around here.............Well, maybe i will sneak away later!! Ouch, my wife got me a good one!![crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Those muskies sure have become active here in the last couple of weeks. If you don't mind me asking, what were you getting them on?
[signature]
Chartreuse top-water
[signature]