Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jen Carroll wants BFT website ideas
Hello Fellow Big Fishers!

Big Fish Tackle is designing my awesome bass fishing website. I would like to hear any ideas my Big Fish Tackle friends may have on what to include. I want to make sure that my site (since it is designed by Big Fish Tackle) includes what Big Fish Tackle members enjoy!

Think 1. FUN
2. EXCITING
3. INTERESTING
4. INFORMATIVE

Thanks for all of your support!
[signature]
Hey Jen,

Well, ask yourself why you're getting a website made. What are you trying to accomplish with this site? When you answer those questions, then you'll have a pretty good idea where you need to go with it.

For one thing, i'd have up to date info about how you're endevors on the bass tour is going. I've been tracking you on the tournament and events board, and you're doing a great job and we're all rooting for you.

Next, i'd have plenty of pictures. Words are cool and all, but pictures are cool to look at. We want to SEE what's going on. You're very photogenic anyways, why not take pictures. It's nice to see a female angler out there that's passionate about what she's doing.

We want to know what you're catching your bass on, how you're working the lure, what the water and weather conditions are where you were and at the location you're in now. Keep it real time, not a month behind. There are a million things you could do, those are just my thoughts
[signature]
id like to see some beginer type information. (like basic rigs for bass) i think it could help those, like myself, who want to try their hand at some bass fishing. i look forward to seeing what you come up with!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I'm with Tarpon4Me more pictures....of you of course[Wink][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Updated information would be cool too, like the upcoming events that you are going to fish. Your difeerent techniques that you use for specific times of the year and all that other good informative stuff on bass fishing. "How to's" on the way you rig up lures and present them. Hope this helps you out, and good luck on the next tourney![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Thank you all for your incredible ideas, I knew I could count on you!

I've already started making additions to what I currently have to accommodate your suggestions. I do intend on keeping the website in real time. I agree that it is a lot more fun to view current websites that are constantly changing with the times. I should be able to keep this up as I go fishing almost every evening after work and on the weekends too. In fact, I'm going to my corp. pond this evening so I'll let you know how everything went!

Thank you again for all of the great ideas. Keep em' comin'!!!
[signature]
Be sure and put a link to your site in your signature, or no one will know it's there [cool]
[signature]
You are doing a wonderful job Jen. Keep up the good work.

I concur on the information. It is better for the beginner or the expert to see what is working and how.

I also do alot of bass fishing. Not at the pro level but I do have a good time and score on some good CA hawgs.[cool]
[signature]
I agree with all the above. Just one question... are ya married or dating? Wanna catch me? I'm a sucker for almost any bait. LOL.

J/K. My girlfriend would get mad. But wow! Not only are you gorgeous, you love fishing too! Great combination!!!
[signature]
[cool]Just remember, bass fishing websites are usually filled with cliches, half-truths, and sponsor propaganda. Try to put emphasis on first hand experiences, try to remember that all bass fishing is regional,and that the Maryland experience has nothing to do with California.
[signature]
i think congratulationsgo to both jen and you mike,
thats great that your dreams are becomming a reality,and to bigfishtackle and boats.net for helping her ,this will really get the name outhere in a growing popular sport
[signature]
congratulations on the article mention and the new boat! im sure we'll all be watching with interest! good luck, bkidder
[signature]
Good luck Jen, and let us know how you make out. [url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: 23_30_109.gif]

[/url][url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZNxdm801BNUS][/url]
[signature]
Hey Big Fishers! I just wanted to update you on what's new on my website! Thank you so much for you ideas and advice, it has helped a lot in the creation! NEW: *Story and pictures of adventures in Florida and North Carolina tournament and travels. *"The First Mate's Guide to Fishing"- I authored this book which is available on my site. If you wished your girlfriend or wife was just a little bit cooler when it comes to your fishing obsession...or you wish she knew more about fishing and could enjoy it with you than this is the book you should get her. I have included info for her for everything from: 1. Making you feel like a king on the water 2. Cooking the fish you catch 3. Picking out her own rod and reel 4. Creating and filling her tackle box 5. The basics of fishing I hope these are great additions that you will all enjoy!
[signature]
I just read the description to my girlfriend and she said "Uh, no."

At least she lets me go fishing.
[signature]