Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first bass from a baitcast
My son and i went fishing at a local lake to try out my new baitcast reel and rod , i've been told it's the best way to fish bass using a worm, we started out reel bad, i think i had 3 or 4 bird nest as some call, or a ball of Stress , Ha Ha. the next few cast i did pretty good , i think, well my son throught i did. then puff here it was again, another headache. after spending two hours getting tangle whods of stringe out of the reel , we spotted something long and dark about 5 ft from the bank and around 20 ft from boat, my son cast first, but cast to wide then i cast 4 to 6 ft behind it, did not know what it was, started reel in , a miss, then my son cast again at the same time i did , hopeing he would catch what ever it was but it darted at his worm , miss then darted at mine BAM, MY SON GOT SO EXCITED AND I DID TOO WE COULDN'T FIGURE HOW TO GET IT IN THE BOAT, ME TRYING TO KEEP IT CLOSE TO BOAT WITHOUT BREAKING THE LINE, SON GETTEN WET,,, MAN...!!!! IT WAS A FIRST ON EVERY THNG..!! 5 an half lb's it's a start, now my son wants a bait cast reel setup , Maybe i'll have a story on him in the future. thanks for reading ...

mckeither
[signature]
Welcome to the board mckeither, and thats a nice bass for the first time out. Here in the N.E. a 5 1/2lber is bragging rights. I'm still chaseing it. Good to see your son has gotten hooked on fishing too. [Wink]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]That's awesome mckeither!!! I remember that feeling well, just because I had caught my first bass on my baitcast setup about 2 weeks ago. All those birds nest make it well worth it when you hook into a nice fish. I have found that the more you use it, the better you will get. I try to use mine whenever I can, even if it is in my yard. Hope there will be more stories of you and your son dragging in some big bass in the future. Oh yeah, and welcome to BFT.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Good story it is fun to take a kid fishing!
[signature]