Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Lake update
The damsels started on Monday in the A-Frame Bay with the fish starting to hit them on Tuesday. We caught 11 on Tuesday morning before the wind blew us off. There are some huge fish in the 8 to 12 feet depth of water.

Evening fishing has been super. Monday was a slow morning as we took only two fish but one was 12 pounds. Then on Monday evening from 7 until 9:30 we caught 22 in four different areas along the west side. They took Bead Electric Black, Brown CB's and Tan CB's. We caught fish every place that we saw fishing rising. Three of the fish went over 10 pounds.

By this weekend the fish should really be on the damsels well along the west shore and off the Cliffs. This is a grea time for float tubers to go after them because they move close to shore where the damsels hatch.

Tuesday morning we took 11 fish, mostly on damsels or patterns like the Bead RC, the RC, the bead Peacock AH and the Bead Gold Olive. All will produce a number of fish during the next three weeks.

Remember that I usually only check my email on Saturday or Sunday. This is an odd week because of the heavy rains yesterday and today. If you send me a PM I will try to answer in it on this forum. The PMs usually get to me too late to get your the answer you want.

We are starting to be crowded a little. Please give other fishermen at least two casts distance. That usually means 120 to 140 feet. I hooked a boat with my back cast that trolled behind us and over my clients lines. That was way too close. Too bad I did not have a conehead on!!!!!!

Happy fishing and good luck.

Bill
[signature]
Thanks again for the update. If you stop catching all of those big fish other fishermen won't crowd you as much.[crazy]
[signature]
BS, we only got to fish a couple of hours Wed. and the storm was terrible. Tuffed it out however till lightening. Then headed back to Idaho Falls. I did net one 27" with intermediate and a black and orange softhackle. I caught him on the the way in to shore, so fighting him, the wind, rain and 2 to 4 ft waves was a challenge, but, I wasn't going home without at least one fish under my belt. My camera isn't waterproof so no pic's this time. Had a blast however and tried to find you, even stopped at the store just outside last chance. Oh well, the summer is young
Later,
Joni
[signature]
Bill I was wondeering what line you use during the hatch, I know it depends on where you are fishing, but do you want your fly to be on the bottom or above it a little when the damsels are coming off? I am planning on hitting it tuesday, do you think I could get into some fish in the morning, or would it be far better to go in the evening? Thanks in advance for any info.
[signature]
I was wondering the same thing as everet14. Any infor would be great. Thanks
[signature]