Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6/15/06 huntington/electric/cleveland/millers flat/benches
Took the boys fishing thurs, great day fishing but cold.
Huntington Confusedlow in the morning 2 hrs. 1 tiger, 3 long line release
Millers flat: 2 hrs. catch rate at least 1 per cast with silver mepps, 1 16" hold over and a zillion 6-10" planters
cleveland: slow , Nada
electric: slow but managed 2 nice cuts
benches:catch as fast as you can cast planters with silver mepps.
With kids more attension was given to the fast action locals.
Conclusion of this report: for fast easy shore action with kids try millers flat or benches, At other locals requiring patients leave um home Lonnie
[signature]
Sure sounds like a fun trip if you ask me! I hear you about kids having a short attention span though, but if you teach them young, they will love to fish their whole lives!
[signature]
hey Lonnie great report!! you know Benches or C.C. pond as i know it.. is always good to take the kidd's.. but just down the road from Millers flat, is Potters pond's it can be very fast fishing as well..
[signature]
Hey Fuzzy I agree, I know the area well, I grew up fishing/hunting that entire mountain. Is there anywhere God ceated a prettier place to camp and fist , than Potters ponds? If so I'd like to see it. Great place to take the kids. I also love to fish lowery water down thru upper joes valley for some great natural natives in a small stream. I've even caught an occasional larger cut there. My favorite though is seeley between peetes hole and joes valley. Rough to hike, but there are trophie cuts in there, although not as much since the big mudslide 20 yrs ago. Hope to catch up to you sometime fuzzy I know your from down that way somewhere. I grew up on the other side of the mountain in wellington.
Good Luck Lonnie
[signature]
Wow, quite the accomplishment hitting all of those in the same day. Next trip you will have to hit Boulgers, Fairview and Gooseberry. I have fond memories of fishing all of them in my youth. Never made it past Millers Flat (did make it down to Joe's Valley on a few occasions, but that is down a different road). How far is it from Millers Flat to Pete's Hole? How muddy was the road over to Millers Flat?
[signature]
hey kent if you stay on the read to millers flat going south you will end your trip right at the north end of Joe's Valley.. you will pass potters pond's as well.. it's a realy nice drive this time of year.. the road down there is well mantaned and gravle most the time.. there is no snow on the road at all and is open from the top by clevland to joe's valley.. and if you realy want to see a cool pond.. take a right when you come to the mane road at joe's valley go up the canyon about 10 miles and you will come to grassy lake.. not very deep but good fishing on most days..
[signature]
Thanks Ron -- how far beyone Millers Flat is Pete's Hole and also how far to Joe's Valley going that way?
[signature]
Hey Kent
From Millers flat over to Joes valley is arround 12-15 miles, Potters pond lies about .5 miles to the right or upper side of the main road. The turn off is about 2 to 3 miles past millers flat. To hit petes hole/grassy(tigers)/soup bowl,Lakes along with a couple others you go to Joes valley (trophy splake), go arround the lake , and instead of turning towards the marina go straight ahead. About 2-3 miles to grassy/blue lakes, another 2-3 miles to petes hole/soup bowl lakes. theres also another lake which is hike in only that holds some good size brookies(to 3 lbs) trail head starts at petes hole (about 2-miles of easy hiking) The road from millers flat to joes valley is useually easy travel even in a car (large portions are graveled) Prolonged rain can cause it to slick up in areas though. The road from joes valley to petes hole can be more of a problem in rain though. (watch the weather) They are all quick dry roads once the sun hits though. Good luck Lonnie
[signature]
from the cliveland turn off it's 21 or 22 miles to joe's valley.. millers flat is around 1/3 of the way there.. and potters pond's are about 5 to 8 miles from the jose valley turn out.. i'm not sure about pete's hole.. i know i have been there but it's been years ago..
[signature]