Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Ct. River
Took the girls out and finally made it on the water at 8:00. Out going tide and muddy water didn't fair well for me. Trolled for stripers for two hours changeing from umbrella rigs to plugs to spoons and tube N worm. Nothing. Changed to fluke fishing for three drifts but the girls looked real bored, so I called it a day by 11:00. Skunked , but it started to rain as soon as we got in the truck. So it was just as well. Did get to try out some of Tomc's fluke rigs as well.Maybe next time will be different.
[signature]
its too bad the girls didnt get anything atleast they got out.it was a tough day for everyone
[signature]
I got out fryday morning, the fishing was a bit slow then as well, about five hours and only a hand full of fish for the two of us,

I pulled in one eighteen inch smallie and a hand full of ten inch gills and perch and a rock bass that went eleven inches.

we were out there for about three hours before we got any bites and then about ten am what bite there was stopped....

I think we are on the slow side of the moon...
[signature]
I guess the down side of the slow bite when the kids is with you is you have to spend more time comunicating with the kids, or is that a good thing [crazy]
[signature]
Talking is always a good thing to do with all kids. She got a kick out of the boat hitting the waves.Also seemed more interested than the wife did. Thank god I brought the porta-potty.[Wink]
[signature]