Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineveiw 6/18/06
fished in the a.m. and picked up one smallie casting a spinner with 3" white trailer for musky. Musky bites and bass bites seemed to have turned off. Talked to a couple of boats with no action, and the fish cops said it was slow.

Fish cops were checking licenses, and when they asked me for mine, I told them only if I could register a complaint... the second license only being good from 1 Jan to 30 Dec, but my other licence being valid for 365 days from purchase. They have told me they have turned that in, but would look into it further.

Anybody on this board actively trying to get the regs changed, or know the rational for this policy. Form my perspective it is illogical.
[signature]
Myself,son and friend was on Pineview from 6:30am until noon saturday. We caught 2 small mouths and 1 largemouth. We were after tigers. We tossed rapalas up until the last hour when we trolled. We fished "party cove", and the bay by the church mostly. Nice weather, good company and a beautiful valley but no Tigers!!!!
[signature]
I agree there is no logic. They are both annual licenses. I talked with the head of the northern rac about it several weeks ago. He said the legislature changed the license to 365 days. I don't think they took a good look at the details linked to it. He seemed to think that the problem would be fixed in the future and was more than happy to pass my feelings on. I would hope when the next years regulations are approved this fall that both licenses would be for 365 days. In the mean time those of us who purchase the second pole permit should make our feeling known. When you see some one from the division tell them how you feel they make most of the suggestions for new regulations. gshorthair
[signature]