Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fathers Day Fishing
I went fishing for fathers day and here were my exploits:

I have an old Lauson outboard S353 that would not start. Does anyone have anouther one I can buy from them? So I rowed instead hoping I just flooded it and it would clear out and start. No such luck so I rowed back to shore and did not have the right wrench to take the plug out. Finally got the plug out and it was fouled badly so I cleaned it out and the engine started right up.

I head out again to try my hand at casting my new bait casting reels, Thanks James, and I bird nested them only twice and I got the hang of it. Did I say Thanks James or HTF for those reels they are Great. At the end of the day I was sore and sunburned and did not catch a fish yet I had fun.
[signature]
Glad to see you made it out Fathers day. It's amazing how we don't have to catch fish and still have a great time.
[signature]
I went out on an adventure on fathersday,

started out rakeing out the seeweeds from the sub beach, spent a little longer than I wanted to...

that caused me to run a little late getting out to my fathersday kids fishing derby.

we had 35 fathers and about 50 kids come out for the event,

some one had trashed the out house (pictue pending development) I mean yucky with a capitol YUCK...

the fish did not seem to want to comply with the event and let them selves come up for photo opps...

Thunder and lightning cut us short of finishing the event but every one went home a winner with a bag full of goodies.

What was dads gift? a Jar of dough bait from berkley and the joys of having the kids out on the water for a couple hours....

fun times, every one loved feeding the ducks baby geese and baby swans. Big hit with the little ones....
[signature]
Thats always the great thing when you take the kids. They don't a always remember if they got fish, it's the great time they had for the day. That will make them fisherpersons. Great job DaveT.
[signature]